Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

If peopel do not want a kill report fine (with the game mechanics as they are I do not see how that would change much but what do I know)..but could we at least have a accuracy stat at the end of a battle? Sometimes I can tell if I hit but most of the times I cannot...Some thing like - 4/20 Shots Hit! - Even somthing basic like that would help reflect on how well you did and what you can do to improve.

An accuracy report at the end of the match wouldn't affect the team gameplay and at least would give you a way to know if you're shooting well. This is a game, after all.
    Last edited by Andrew Barbosa; 07-08-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Barbosa View Post
    An accuracy report at the end of the match wouldn't affect the team gameplay and at least would give you a way to know if you're shooting well. This is a game, after all.
    Go to Drill Camp and shoot boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Go to Drill Camp and shoot boards.
    I already do that, but a live match with moving and hidden targets is a completely different beast. I don't see why giving a small feedback to the player at the end of a match is such a big deal.
    Such a short answer, completely ignoring the difference between a static target and a live one, seems to be just a bad excuse to not work on a system present even on the most realistic shooters out there.
    Last edited by Andrew Barbosa; 07-08-2020 at 05:01 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Not going to happen. At least for the foreseeable future.

No kill count was/is a long standing developers precept.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Barbosa View Post
    Such a short answer [...]
    Sorry, Andrew, but the question of personal stats has been answered countless times over the past few years. For example, in this very thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you. We couldn’t have done so without the guidance and help of our backers/testers though.

We are gamers too and we get the quick and easy gratification kill feeds provide players with. There’s no question about them doing so.

Our stance, however, is that while individual player gratification is surely not to be forgotten, it is not the primary focus in WoR. To us, the teamwork is the holy grail - our prime focus. By adding kill feeds or even end of round scoreboards we run the risk of chipping away at the overall teamwork in the game. Let me explain why:

I will use the least intrusive suggestion (which has been deemed safe to use by many of its supporters) the personal end of round scoreboard.

What’s the harm in seeing how many kills you made at the end of a match you might wonder - well the issue is related to your actual actions in the game and the info shown to you.

Example 1:

You play a whole round with your team in the center of your focus, follow the orders, fire in lines, etc.

You are then shown a personal scoreboard at the end of the round. You died 10 times and killed 1 enemy.

Example 2:

You play an entire round as a lone wolf, completely ignoring your team and the orders given.

End of round and your personal scoreboard is shown. You died 2 times and killed 7 enemies.

Which of the two examples are you likely to treat as your best round and try to repeat in the following rounds? You are obviously going to be treating example 2 as the best round even though you went against all that the game tries to build upon and that is why we have no kill feed nor personal scoreboard present.

- Trusty
    The exact same argumentation Trusty has used here, will also apply to any sort of statistic about personal accuracy. Someone who had 5% accuracy for the duration of the match but laid down persistent suppressing fire with the 1842 Smoothbore is a better team player than someone that roams off by his lonesome with a rifled musket seeking to improve his or her "best game" by "sniping."

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Sorry, Andrew, but the question of personal stats has been answered countless times over the past few years. For example, in this very thread:

The exact same argumentation Trusty has used here, will also apply to any sort of statistic about personal accuracy. Someone who had 5% accuracy for the duration of the match but laid down persistent suppressing fire with the 1842 Smoothbore is a better team player than someone that roams off by his lonesome with a rifled musket seeking to improve his or her "best game" by "sniping."
    Rambos are gonna rambo with or without an accuracy report. I guess I'll have to agree to disagree.

I like that there isnt any form of live report in the game. Killfeed, hitmarker, etc. Makes the game too arcade-y like holdfast. But I understand both sides of the argument. Individual vs Team and Realism vs Casual.

CSA Major

Once again, all I want is a sound to be played that only I can here if I hit an enemy. This is getting ridiculous...

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Yep Johnnie it is. It's been said from the start there will be no way of knowing kill counts by any means. And yet you keep asking. Pretty ridiculous.