Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. E. E. Smith View Post
    It's refreshing that there isn't one.

The only way I'd want to see it is abstracted in ticket count. For example, at the end of the round a report saying "you cost the enemy x amount of tickets/soldiers", with the number based on the value of in formation, skirmishing, and out of line kills one achieved. And a bonus for downing officers.
    This would be pretty cool.

On the one hand I find it immensely gratifying in Holdfast when I play on a private server in line battles and shoot someone at extreme range. It gets acknowledged by people you’re playing with and sometimes by the guy you shot in the typed chat.

But strangely enough I’m not missing it in WoR. The game is clearly engineered toward this being all about teamwork.

Pretty brave decision by the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    On the one hand I find it immensely gratifying in Holdfast when I play on a private server in line battles and shoot someone at extreme range. It gets acknowledged by people you’re playing with and sometimes by the guy you shot in the typed chat.

But strangely enough I’m not missing it in WoR. The game is clearly engineered toward this being all about teamwork.

Pretty brave decision by the devs.
    Thank you. We couldn’t have done so without the guidance and help of our backers/testers though.

We are gamers too and we get the quick and easy gratification kill feeds provide players with. There’s no question about them doing so.

Our stance, however, is that while individual player gratification is surely not to be forgotten, it is not the primary focus in WoR. To us, the teamwork is the holy grail - our prime focus. By adding kill feeds or even end of round scoreboards we run the risk of chipping away at the overall teamwork in the game. Let me explain why:

I will use the least intrusive suggestion (which has been deemed safe to use by many of its supporters) the personal end of round scoreboard.

What’s the harm in seeing how many kills you made at the end of a match you might wonder - well the issue is related to your actual actions in the game and the info shown to you.

Example 1:

You play a whole round with your team in the center of your focus, follow the orders, fire in lines, etc.

You are then shown a personal scoreboard at the end of the round. You died 10 times and killed 1 enemy.

Example 2:

You play an entire round as a lone wolf, completely ignoring your team and the orders given.

End of round and your personal scoreboard is shown. You died 2 times and killed 7 enemies.

Which of the two examples are you likely to treat as your best round and try to repeat in the following rounds? You are obviously going to be treating example 2 as the best round even though you went against all that the game tries to build upon and that is why we have no kill feed nor personal scoreboard present.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Our stance, however, is that while individual player gratification is surely not to be forgotten, it is not the primary focus in WoR. To us, the teamwork is the holy grail - our prime focus. By adding kill feeds or even end of round scoreboards we run the risk of chipping away at the overall teamwork in the game.
    - Trusty

Just as it should be for this game.

CSA Captain

Thank you. We couldn’t have done so without the guidance and help of our backers/testers though.

We are gamers too and we get the quick and easy gratification kill feeds provide players with. There’s no question about them doing so.

Our stance, however, is that while individual player gratification is surely not to be forgotten, it is not the primary focus in WoR. To us, the teamwork is the holy grail - our prime focus. By adding kill feeds or even end of round scoreboards we run the risk of chipping away at the overall teamwork in the game. Let me explain why:

I will use the least intrusive suggestion (which has been deemed safe to use by many of its supporters) the personal end of round scoreboard.

What’s the harm in seeing how many kills you made at the end of a match you might wonder - well the issue is related to your actual actions in the game and the info shown to you.

Example 1:

You play a whole round with your team in the center of your focus, follow the orders, fire in lines, etc.

You are then shown a personal scoreboard at the end of the round. You died 10 times and killed 1 enemy.

Example 2:

You play an entire round as a lone wolf, completely ignoring your team and the orders given.

End of round and your personal scoreboard is shown. You died 2 times and killed 7 enemies.

Which of the two examples are you likely to treat as your best round and try to repeat in the following rounds? You are obviously going to be treating example 2 as the best round even though you went against all that the game tries to build upon and that is why we have no kill feed nor personal scoreboard present.

- Trusty
    perfectly explained

USA Captain

The team aspect is what sold me on this, and should be its focus. I wouldn't want it any other way. Its one of the best features and is what makes War of Rights unique amongst so many other cookie-cutter first-person shooters. A F'N MEN to the dev team. Keep War of Rights unique and not a clone.
    Last edited by REDVoodoo3; 12-21-2018 at 12:58 PM.
    :

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Now, with the perfect explanation as given by Mr. TrustyJam, can we get this foolishness put to bed, and lock this and any future "discussion"?

USA General of the Army

I like it the way it is. We were skirmishing last night and spotting for each other. It focuses more on teamwork the way the game is setup now, though I won't object to an overall scoreboard at the end.

CSA Captain

- Trusty
    EXACTLY! A scoreboard in WoR could show that you got those kills, but how many tickets did you loose while you were getting them? Personal kill counts in this game would not show how ell you played.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    overall scoreboard at the end.
    We already have a perfect scoreboard at the end of rounds.