Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill Report

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    We already have a perfect scoreboard at the end of rounds.
    dont agree, there needs to be more info in the AAR.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2925&dateline=1471367  835

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you. We couldn’t have done so without the guidance and help of our backers/testers though.

We are gamers too and we get the quick and easy gratification kill feeds provide players with. There’s no question about them doing so.

Our stance, however, is that while individual player gratification is surely not to be forgotten, it is not the primary focus in WoR. To us, the teamwork is the holy grail - our prime focus. By adding kill feeds or even end of round scoreboards we run the risk of chipping away at the overall teamwork in the game. Let me explain why:

I will use the least intrusive suggestion (which has been deemed safe to use by many of its supporters) the personal end of round scoreboard.

What’s the harm in seeing how many kills you made at the end of a match you might wonder - well the issue is related to your actual actions in the game and the info shown to you.

Example 1:

You play a whole round with your team in the center of your focus, follow the orders, fire in lines, etc.

You are then shown a personal scoreboard at the end of the round. You died 10 times and killed 1 enemy.

Example 2:

You play an entire round as a lone wolf, completely ignoring your team and the orders given.

End of round and your personal scoreboard is shown. You died 2 times and killed 7 enemies.

Which of the two examples are you likely to treat as your best round and try to repeat in the following rounds? You are obviously going to be treating example 2 as the best round even though you went against all that the game tries to build upon and that is why we have no kill feed nor personal scoreboard present.

- Trusty
    What if it was the other way around?

Example 1:

You play an entire round as a lone wolf, completely ignoring your team and the orders given.

You are then shown a personal scoreboard at the end of the round. You died 10 times and killed 1 enemy.

Example 2:

You play a whole round with your team in the center of your focus, follow the orders, fire in lines, etc.

End of round and your personal scoreboard is shown. You died 2 times and killed 7 enemies.

there is no way to tell what will happen...this game is a great team game and will continue down that path...but it is innate that humans need some type of gratification or re-enforcement on how they are doing in every aspect of their lives. A more detailed end of the game screen is not too much to ask.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2925&dateline=1471367  835

The more you play you get a better idea of how you're doing. I'm always pivotal to my team's success, whether I am or not.

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Now, with the perfect explanation as given by Mr. TrustyJam, can we get this foolishness put to bed, and lock this and any future "discussion"?
    Best to just leave it going. As long as the developers aren't swayed. Otherwise new ones will keep popping up every few months.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

It’s pretty myopic to suggest future customer discussion about a perfectly reasonable feature request common in 99% of gaming should be locked, even if we know it’s highly unlikely it will ever happen.

That’s a bit draconian IMO and would be bad PR for the game with new players. Just cut/paste Trusty’s response.

USA General of the Army

I’m looking forwards to seeing how the after action report looks when they add in the figures by unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JB Gordon View Post
    What if it was the other way around?

Example 1:

Example 2:

there is no way to tell what will happen...this game is a great team game and will continue down that path...but it is innate that humans need some type of gratification or re-enforcement on how they are doing in every aspect of their lives. A more detailed end of the game screen is not too much to ask.
    The center of focus should be what they have done as a team, not individually.

It being the other way around is not a solid argument. It still places individuality above the team in the minds of people.

It is fairly easy to predict that you will be getting more kills by camping in a bush close to the enemy spawn or whatever than, say, following orders and guarding a flank or even the flag bearer.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The center of focus should be what they have done as a team, not individually.

It being the other way around is not a solid argument. It still places individuality above the team in the minds of people.

It is fairly easy to predict that you will be getting more kills by camping in a bush close to the enemy spawn or whatever than, say, following orders and guarding a flank or even the flag bearer.

- Trusty
    What about just telling everyone their accuracy at the end of the round. I feel some maps I may actually have hit nobody. Would be nice to confirm this.

Me personally I like the game without kill logs or any other indication on whether you've killed your target or not. That's the whole immersive part about it. Your officers/NCO should be keeping an eye out with binoculars to let you know if enemies are down.

Quote Originally Posted by isa567 View Post
    Showing if u got a kill or not
    I'd like it to show your kill count at the end of the match. Not a kill feed on screen during the match.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I'd like it to show your kill count at the end of the match. Not a kill feed on screen during the match.
    It's interesting that people are asking to see their 'kill' count, but that none of you are asking to see how many tickets you were responsible for loosing. That says it all really. As Trusty has already pointed out, you could have killed ten enemy but if you died out of line just four times while doing it, then you were totally inefective & actually hurt your team rather than helping it. A kill count would not tell you how well you did.
    Last edited by Sox; 12-28-2018 at 05:17 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.