Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stuck at loading screen

CSA Major

stuck at loading screen

no matter what server i chose all that happens is i am stuck at loading screen
    played fine yesterday afternoon but since last nite i can not get in game i have tried reinstalling and verifying game files

trusty or sweetroll and other ideas thanks

happend to me they claimed to fix issue before update 100 as a server issue but it has happend to me last night also since update 100 in order to play u need to re install each time u wanna play and if game crashes need to re install

CSA Captain

I logged on and got into the Harpers Ferry server fine and played a few rounds Monday night.
    I got bored with that and went to go to NA1 and just locked up on the map loading screen.
    Rebooted and tried again three to for times in a row to just lock up at the same place went on and played another game.

Thank you for the reports.

We are currently investigating the seemingly increased crashes the past few updates have introduced.

Having to delete your game files is not a solution - it's just a coincedence it's worked for you when you've tried it.

Please use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/ErrorReporter whenever you experience a crash. Your log files (especially with a detailed description of the issue are very much needed by our programmers in order to solve the issue).

- Trusty

CSA Major

I also have this same bug, cant get in a server. It just keeps indefinitely loading then I lose my wifi and have to reconnect to my wifi. I use an USB Wifi. I tried to upload an error report but I cant seem to find that log file.

sadly this is an ongoing issue that keeps occuring some days it doesnt happen but most times when need it to work it occurs and ruins my able to participate

USA Captain

It doesn't happen all the time. Try it a few times after the update.
    That's the way I am.

Happening a lot lately. Almost incessant. Get into the servers less often than I fail and the load times have increased dramatically.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Happening a lot lately. Almost incessant. Get into the servers less often than I fail and the load times have increased dramatically.
    The load times have increased drastically with the introduction of precached characters as described in the 105 update notes.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The load times have increased drastically with the introduction of precached characters as described in the 105 update notes.

- Trusty
    It doesn't seem to be fixed with the 106 update.

At some point it replaces the standard map loading screen with a GC logo and it appears the game starts anew. However, I found out, that:

1. In Task Manager, the RAM usage for WoR drops from 2 GB or so to roughly 600MB.
    2. After a while, the RAM usage raises again. I kept loading for some minutes until it hit 7GB of RAM.
    3. Most times the loading screen vanishes after that point and keeps flickering.

My best guess?
    Loading times are a bit longer than the game server allows, resulting in a disconnect. Since the game lacks a proper handling for disconnects, this may result in a forever loading client that still "hopes" to connect to the server while the server closed that connection already.
    Since I was trying to join a west coast server with 100+ players at that time (200ms ping for Europs), I think that may be he cause.

Possible fix:
    Increase time allowed to join to 2 - 3 minutes.
    Last edited by CptData; 04-22-2018 at 10:30 PM.