Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IL2 Sturmovik (BoX Series)

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Würm View Post
    I've been thinking about buying Il2-Sturmovik Games, or shall i say Simulators, too. Just theoretically, does a gunner position on a bomber require a joystick? If no, then i'm very interested in buying those marvels of the flight simulator genre, if yes, then i'm still very interested in buying them and a joystick , it just would take a bit longer. Now, if i get it some time in the future (on sale in the best case), then i'm interested in joining you guys ( if you guys don't mind, of course).
    As Soulfly has responded, you can use a mouse in the BoX series - in fact it's generally easier to than a joystick.
    If you desire to fly though, you will certainly need a joystick and preferably also some form of head tracker for movement. Both can be obtained fairly cheaply now; there are a myriad options for both across the market. This joystick comes very highly recommended for people on a budget, it is a toned down version of their larger versions. I'll respond to this thread next time the base-game Battle of Stalingrad goes on sale, you'll be able to pick it up dirt cheap.

Ok, i just noticed that the original post is from the long past 2018. If this still is up, wich version would i need in order to Play in a gunner position with this or some other group?

Big Edit: I didnt notice that this thread already reached ist second page, so i missed Leifrs post… wich answeres my question asked above too. Aaand i just saw that the Il2 series is on sale on steam (66% off Battle of Stalingrad). So i'll most definetly buy it this week. My computer should be able to handle the game, i just need to make room.

Last Edit for today: Battle of Stalingrad, Ju-52/3m (because it flys, or flew since the crash of one, over my house and i love it) and Blazing Steppe (cause cheaper that way than without it) buyed.
    Last edited by Würm; 02-04-2019 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Dumb people work twice