Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ranking System and experience for soldier's

USA Major

Ranking System and experience for soldier's

What does everyone think of soldier's gaining experience playing the game. Meaning, their stamina and reloading and the weapon sway improving over time. The longer they play the better they get? A veteran soldier will perform better. Faster reload, better stamina, less weapon sway. What are yall thoughts on that?

Hate it. You're talking about connecting experience for a player over many times of playing. In the scenarios you are playing people from different regiments and with different experiences. Your advantage in experience is just that. Your experience. How you play the game. Experienced players are better than noobs, nothing can change that.

It should not be artificial boosts like a MMORPG game. Nor should there be specific boosts to any regiments you select other than for the equipment they have. I could possibly see a stanima difference based on the equipment you carry (who really goes into battle without dropping their knapsack??) but that's it and that has nothing to do with the player's individual game time. There's nothing to say a player can't just sit in a server and collect time. Heck... my game never closes without me ctrl-alt-delete and closing the process. Unfortunately that hardly even works and I gotta freakin' log out sometimes to get the engine to close. Never had a game do that to me.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Negative, Ghost Rider. At the end of the day, it'd be two lines of super soldiers that reload their muskets every 2 seconds.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Major

Sitting in a server idle would not gain you experience, you actually have to play. Of course their would be a cap, so eventually everyone would be at the same level. Still disagree?

I will tell you that I do agree in a literal ranking system. I don't push it because I'm convinced it would never happen appropriately. It would merely be people you're in a server with either 'upvoting' or 'downvoting' you. They get one vote all-time that can be changed or not made at all. The better rating you have the more likely you can take an officer role and bump someone else (you'll spawn as it and they'll then have to respawn as a different class when they die). I vehemently disagree with anything related to the 'company tool' status having any bearing on that. Your advantage if you were in a company is your buddies can upvote you. Not some inherent right to suddenly have leadership skills you don't have regardless of the size of people you think you're in charge of. Not a perfect system but about as good as you can expect in expecting players to willingly follow instructions in a video game.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 04-11-2018 at 01:52 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Pronewb View Post
    Sitting in a server idle would not gain you experience, you actually have to play. Of course their would be a cap, so eventually everyone would be at the same level. Still disagree?
    With respect, yes I disagree. Any form of XP, ranking etc. would be completely against what I, a seeming majority of the community and even the Devs are hoping for from this game. (I am not speaking for others, just basing this on posts I have read).

It is precisely the lack of such things that make this game good. Try looking at Holdfast, similar combat style but with all the usual stats from FPS games. It's open servers are a nightmare of people who play it like Counter Strike. I pray that does not happen here.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Greetings!
    Welcome to the site, and the game Captain. (Gosh, that felt like a Captain Morgan commercial.)

Sadly I also have to disagree with your suggestions. As was stated, this game, unlike so many others, is not individualistic. But has been from its inception group oriented.

This makes it wholly unique among games, as well as topic matter.

Realism, in most cases, has always been a focus, and it always will be. History records accurately, that most men of this weapon type could only manage three shots a minute. It cannot be a faster process due to mechanics and nature of the situation.

Thanks for your thoughts, as it always bodes well when new members, show their interest.

USA Brigadier General

I am with you Mister Hill but something like this on a company level would be interesting in my mind.

maybe a player get a amount of experience for playing the game, win rounds and loose it with lost rounds or something like that. It has now effect on him but now we comes to the company level:

maybe there must be X experience in the company to get a 2 second reloading advantage or something like that.

Such a feature would create veteran units and it would reward to play the game a lot.

I have certain ideas around such a feature but I am not sure if it fits into this game.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

It would also be terribly unfair on new players and newer companies.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    And I can't speak for all of the companies out there, but I know the Sixth Louisiana doesn't want or need a cheap buff as a reward for "veterancy".
    Yeah. The "veterancy" will be seen in well working formations and leaders with good tactics thats true.

But the idea comes up shortly after release of the company tool and since then I dont get it out of my mind ^^
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02