Thread: Coming in April!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

Coming in April!

Got an interesting email from the Civil War Trust. I know a group of us here live in the general area of Sharpsburg, so we might could partake of the following event, though I think it's more for the younger generation, so if ya'll have kids ... give it a consideration.

I am writing to remind you to register for our next Civil War Trust Generations Event:  Charge Burnside Bridge!  This free, family friendly event will take place at  Antietam National Battlefield—Tour Stop 8—on Saturday, April 7, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please register today to reserve your spot.

If you have never attended a  Generations event  before, you’re in for an awesome experience. Kids will choose their side, learn how to march like a soldier, and charge Burnside Bridge! As always, our “Cadet Conference” format employs hands-on activities and stresses teamwork, leadership, ethics and responsibility lessons as the history of the Burnside Bridge comes to life.

Our Generations events connect younger and older generations by exploring our nation’s history, at the sites where that history was made. So, bring your son, granddaughter, nephew, or friend and instill a lifelong love for history with them.

Come share your passion for history at this special event, sponsored by the Civil War Trust and the National Park Service. This event is FREE and open to anyone who brings someone from another generation, but space is limited, so please register today.

Questions? Feel free to contact us at education@civilwar.org.

Hope to see you there,

Garry Adelman, Director of History and Education
    Civil War Trust

P.S. Register today to reserve your spot to attend this free Generations event on April 7 from 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
    Enjoy!

CSA Colonel

That sounds awesome! Unfortunately much too far for me.

Sounds exciting and I wish I was a kid and knew about this, I know some people who would probably take their kids there and I'll most certainly let them know about this.

USA Major

Thanks for posting this. I'm just 10 min. from the battlefield and just emailed them about doing this with my son who is 8. I'm pretty sure he's going Union side and will be storming that bridge. I'll post some pictures back here if I can remember and thanks again A.P. Hill.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Cool, maybe we'll see you over there then.

Though I have no children of my own to participate it might be a hoot to watch.

USA Captain

Sounds like it would be great to see, but way too for me. Someday soon though.