Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 111th ny volunteer infantry

USA Sergeant

I live in your neck of the woods Pvt. Scott, though I'm in Monroe Country. Based on what relatively little I know about regiments, the 108th NY Volunteer Infantry is the most local to me and pertinent for this game's time period. Several people from my hometown in the 108th died at Antietam.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    OH well I don't want a regiment. I want a whole division.

I use to re-enact in your neck of the woods, belonged to the 42nd Virginia Detached. We got invited to everybody's party. They needed someone to shoot at.

USA Sergeant

Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    OH well I don't want a regiment. I want a whole division.

I use to re-enact in your neck of the woods, belonged to the 42nd Virginia Detached. We got invited to everybody's party. They needed someone to shoot at.
    Was it at Genesee Country Museum by any chance?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    It was all around the finger lakes region as well as excursions into PA., MD., and VA. And it was many years ago ... back in the mid 70s. Our outfit had the only 4 mule drawn artillery.

I would be in the 111th NY vollunters, company A
    We were called by other regiments the harpers ferry cowards but we and the 126 redemmed ourselves at Gettysburg surviving pickets charge. I think Bout 1-4 people died from my home town but I'm not saying where I live because the internet but I am in the whayne county county. I got all of this from 1 book called "the redemption of the harpers ferry cowards the story of the 111th and the 126th at Gettysburg." I actually just finished it today at school.
    GG America, you had a good run. Cant wait to be slaves of the New Soviet Empire.