Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update 105 Aiming Issue/Bug

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    What aiming issue?

faintthud.gif

USA Major

R.I.P in pieces War Of Rights 18/05/2017- 20/05/2018
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timo420 View Post
    R.I.P in pieces War Of Rights 18/05/2017- 20/05/2018
    WoR development started in May of 2012 and we’re in april currently, not may.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

seems like we have to celebrate a birthday next month.

We should organise a ingame parade
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    Do it!!
    you know I will do it
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

Ye but alpha skirmishes where released may last year,so that was when it really started.
    QM. Timo
    Click Picture To Enlist.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Here is a video showing a greatly exagerated example of what the zoom sway does. It was a side effect of getting the camera snap removed whenever the player aimed but we thought it was pretty cool so we decided to tweak it slightly and keep it, but we will of course most likely tweak it further in future updates.

The purpose of it was to make the weapon not be directly glued to the screen with just the screen moving about slightly. You can see in the video that as the weapon is also moving around on the screen, it is still more or less pointing towards the direction the bullet will go.

I may make it so that this effect first starts kicking in when the player has a stamina below 50%.

Okey, this is a little strange because when you aim you rest your cheek on the stock of the weapon and your head moves with the rifle up and down (and side to side if you want to) with your breathing if youre winded, the weapon does not move independently from the person aiming.

And it seems like this effect is active no matter your stamina level, so its going to be inaccurate even if you are well rested with 100% stamina so making it kick in when your at 50% as you suggested would be a good addition in my opinion.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Here is a video showing a greatly exagerated example of what the zoom sway does. It was a side effect of getting the camera snap removed whenever the player aimed but we thought it was pretty cool so we decided to tweak it slightly and keep it, but we will of course most likely tweak it further in future updates.

The purpose of it was to make the weapon not be directly glued to the screen with just the screen moving about slightly. You can see in the video that as the weapon is also moving around on the screen, it is still more or less pointing towards the direction the bullet will go.

I may make it so that this effect first starts kicking in when the player has a stamina below 50%.

To me it appears that the rifle butt is moving from the right shoulder to the left shoulder in a figure 8 pattern. I believe the opposite would happen. The rifle butt would stay more securely on the right shoulder and more sway at the muzzle would occur.

I couldn't figure out what was going on in game, but now looking at the exaggerated mechanic, I understand why I logged out in frustration. Please tweak.

USA General of the Army

I'm sure you meant well with the new aiming system, but I'm in the disliking it Camp. It's over the top and just out right unneeded. The system was fine. Why change that which isn't broken.