Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Planned event for 27th April

CSA Major

Planned event for 27th April

I would like to organize another line/skirmishers event with eu and na players for Antietam map, I would like to make it for 6pm est on Friday 27th April(I feel it's a good time because once eu players start leaving the na's will start trickling in and we would have a constant long event). I know it's a little short notice but I've yet to see any others up here getting scheduled for the near future, if we don't get enough I will schedule it for the following Friday on the 4th of May. I also wouldn't mind people who are experienced in organizing events to help me out, will be the same structure, right and left wing for each side with a skirmisher group for each....so all regiment leaders or company staff's let me know if your interested in getting this together and I will update this thread accordingly.
    - Warboy
    ab971dc063a3b6d5c2646e6943c5a970.jpg

CSA SIDE - 6th LA, 1st GA
    UNION SIDE- 2ND NJ

Some rules/recommandations
    1. Each company will appoint messengers to communicate between the other groups(companies)
    2. No rambo's / Lone wolfs
    3. When you died you will move out with at least 4 guys and fall back into the group are assigned to
    4. Main focus is to take the objective
    Last edited by Warboy; 04-26-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    1. We will not use the in game chatbox to communicate about enemy movement / or any other battle tactics - I know I'm know for this but I will be strictly using voip.
    It's always been curious to me the reliance on 3rd party voice programs for a game like this which has a voice system designed for teamwork. It's the main functioning difference between a clan and a random player. You can't be overly optimistic with what you can try to force on players even with a controlled server. Without a controlled server? Basically impossible.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major

I only copy and pasted the rules from the last harper's ferry event
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

CSA Captain

You can not force anything on public servers. But you can get companies involved agreeing to it and trying to work with set rules. And you can ask randoms to play along with the rules as long as you explain what is going on and ask if they want to participate. The companies of the Harper's Ferry and Antietam line & Skirmish events all agreed to do our best to make a event where both sides where structured and fighting as a force not just single companies doing there own thing. We also talked about the fact there might be people dropping in not wanting to play along, you can not force anybody to do so. In this stage you try to make the best possible experience nothing more nothing less. You can not let things bother you to much on public servers.

Wish you the best of luck on the 27th. It is on a short notice... But we will try to be there.
    Last edited by Dutchconfederate; 04-25-2018 at 02:14 PM.

CSA Major

Yeah, I totally understand where your coming from so in turn I updated it to rules/recommendations, also yeah I do realize it's short notice and may delay it a week for may 4th, will give more time for people to see this thread.

As a suggestion, try to not put events on a Friday at 5 EST, weekends are better.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    It's always been curious to me the reliance on 3rd party voice programs for a game like this which has a voice system designed for teamwork. It's the main functioning difference between a clan and a random player. You can't be overly optimistic with what you can try to force on players even with a controlled server. Without a controlled server? Basically impossible.
    Sadly, for me at least, the in-game voice system is erratic. Very seldom does it function so am forced to rely upon TS.
    I look forward to the day when the Message Runners, Echoing of Commands Down the Line and in-game comms are the norm.
    BOT:
    Time and day are a bit rough for many but I applaud your efforts.
    Good Luck!
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Brigadier General

are the problems back? we use the ingame VOIP since weeks for Drill and Events. Even at the Harpers Ferry Event where we had 140 players online and i didnt notice any problems.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Pvt. Warboy, I will notify my men of the 6th Louisiana Tigers to this event. However i will not be able to make it due to work. Apologies in advance for my absence, yet expect a solid turnout from the 6th LA & I will also notify all those in Stonewall Jackson's II Corps to the event time and rules.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Major

Thanks Paioletti your a good guy, I will update my page and put you guys in on the csa side, by the way its Corporal Warboy now, moving up in the world, ehh.