Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Company leaders, do you prefer Teamspeak or Discord

USA Captain

Question To Company leaders, do you prefer Teamspeak or Discord

I see a lot of the companies often don't all have the same in-game communication app. I've seen some companies use teamspeak and some use discord, but which one do you guys prefer and why. Personally I like discord the most

Discord is excellent considering it is free. However, Teamspeak is preferred by some groups because of its reliability and high quality, not to mention how highly customizable it is. The downside to Teamspeak is it can get expensive if you want to have your regiment on playing, which to have more than 50 people connected gets costly. The downside to Discord is a lack of a whisper function (a whisper function lets certain people talk to other people in entirely separate channels, excellent for breaking platoons up into different channels to avoid the mess of having 50 people in one channel). Discord can also struggle with a lot of people connected, ALTHOUGH, they just updated the infrastructure and performance today so I would have to see another highly populated channel to see how it goes.

It does ultimately come down to preference, Discord is easy to use, but customization is limited, Teamspeak is hard to use but customizable.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 05-16-2018 at 12:39 AM.

CSA Captain

Discord, can't afford Teampseak for my company, so I'd rather use something that's free and works fairly well, I'll take the sacrifice of less customization.

RhettVito
    Discord

USA Captain

WOR has a pretty good voice system .... Adding a lot to the game, you can hear the enemie, you can hear other people and orders given ... Why miss that. Adds to the hole thing, of experince the game fully.
    It also add's to the community spirit ... Maybe the biggest point of it.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 05-16-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    WOR has a pretty good voice system .... Adding a lot to the game, you can hear the enemie, you can hear other people and orders given ... Why miss that. Adds to the hole thing, of experince the game fully.
    It also add's to the community spirit ... Maybe the biggest point of it.
    There is no need to severely cripple your communication just for the sake of a little immersion, especially for bigger units.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    And especially considering the instability of the ingame voice system. Which still isn’t fixed with the latest update.
    It Works fine. Just make sure your audio device is limited to only one device, in the audio settings, in Windows the audio icon Down on the right (Audio icon right clik)

Nothing is crippled ...

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I'm not sure how often you play the game but in-game voice is notoriously unstable, particularly during events.
    I have never experince that .... Been playing over a year each week and wekkends, and have way above 100 hours of play ...
    You are free to do what you want ... Isolating yourself from the community, is not what was intended.