Thread: Line Texture

Lightbulb Line Texture

Good day!

I would like to tell you something about my suggestion for the line texture in the game. It's little bit unclear for players. They can see the line, they will know where to go, but then it does not help anymore. It would be useful for the line to show where the players should stand. Here is the picture (I did it only quickly...).

Please let me know what you think about the idea.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

From what I know, this whole system will be redone and fleshed out in later stages of the game to include things like this with more detail and more commands.

USA Captain

Well, I'd love to see a "formation" system that actually allows players to "lock" into a place.

That would be useful for various things, but foremost:

"Setting up"
    A formation is set up by using "Q" and drawing a line on the ground. Right now, only the "line formation" is used, but I also can see other formations (for instance: columns) as well as different types (single rank line, double ranks line, triple ranks line, single column, double columns, ...) in the future.
    Each time a formation is set up, it should remember player spots of the old formation, so players don't have to lock in again and again.

"Locking in"
    Once a formation is set up, players can see it by pressing "T". Once they get near it, a circle will appear, representing their position in the line / column / whatever the formation is. Once this happens, a player is considered "locked in" a formation.
    A player can only be locked in one formation at any time.

"Locking out"
    A player is considered "locked out" as soon as his character gets killed or moves too far away from a formation. Also if a formation does no longer contain enough players to maintain a formation, it'll disband automatically.

"Formation Movement"
    Once locked in, a player can always keep track of his position in the formation. As long as they stay near that spot, their own movement speed (if the correct one is selected) will be matched formation movement speed. This may help to keep a formation together.

Weeeeeeeeeelll ... that's a bit more than "easy textures on the ground", but I definitely love to see that. A proper formation management system

However, I think such system is something ppl might like. Especially some of the company players seem to set up formations rather often and want to maintain 'em as long as possible. Since most well organized matches usually start with a gathering of rank'n'file, including setting up a column formation (single or double ranks), I definitely love to see a more complex formation management system. The one I'm describing above is just one of many possible solutions.
    Last edited by CptData; 05-22-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptData View Post
    Well, I'd love to see a "formation" system that actually allows players to "lock" into a place.

That would be useful for various things, but foremost:

"Setting up"
    A formation is set up by using "Q" and drawing a line on the ground. Right now, only the "line formation" is used, but I also can see other formations (for instance: columns) as well as different types (single rank line, double ranks line, triple ranks line, single column, double columns, ...) in the future.
    Each time a formation is set up, it should remember player spots of the old formation, so players don't have to lock in again and again.

"Locking in"
    Once a formation is set up, players can see it by pressing "T". Once they get near it, a circle will appear, representing their position in the line / column / whatever the formation is. Once this happens, a player is considered "locked in" a formation.
    A player can only be locked in one formation at any time.

"Locking out"
    A player is considered "locked out" as soon as his character gets killed or moves too far away from a formation. Also if a formation does no longer contain enough players to maintain a formation, it'll disband automatically.

"Formation Movement"
    Once locked in, a player can always keep track of his position in the formation. As long as they stay near that spot, their own movement speed (if the correct one is selected) will be matched formation movement speed. This may help to keep a formation together.

Weeeeeeeeeelll ... that's a bit more than "easy textures on the ground", but I definitely love to see that. A proper formation management system

However, I think such system is something ppl might like. Especially some of the company players seem to set up formations rather often and want to maintain 'em as long as possible. Since most well organized matches usually start with a gathering of rank'n'file, including setting up a column formation (single or double ranks), I definitely love to see a more complex formation management system. The one I'm describing above is just one of many possible solutions.

Thank you for the suggestions.

This has been suggested a number of times in the past as well. It is highly unlikely we will ever support such a system due to the complexity and networking required to make it even remotely functional.

What we do plan to do is to increase the variations of orders and "easy textures on the ground" however.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Yeah, that's some stuff I don't expect to see until way later, if at all.

However, I wouldn't suggest it if I hadn't a good reason to believe in you guys Your "closed alpha" is way more stable and polished than some full release games, which says something.