Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting people

USA Major

Recruiting people

Dear sir or madam,

Yesterday was my first day in game and I could not help but notice the amount of people trying to recruit...NON-STOP...in game. While I am certainly interested in joining a company, the right company, it comes off like a MLM scheme to some extent.

Just curious, are companies offering benefits to those who recruit more? For 2 games, I was followed by a single guy everywhere who just kept repeating to join his company. The other 2 games just seemed to be random people non-stop recruiting for their companies.

I just wanted my first day to be exploring and learning and following random orders but it did kind of become a nuisance.

Do others experience the same?

Semper Fidelis,

USA Captain

Personally (Well, I didn't have the problem in WoR, but in other games... Mount and blade *coughcough*) I'm annoyed if somebody is just trying to spam-recruit. But yes, some companys offer medals and such stuff for a certian amount of recruits... although I have to say that spam-recruiting or annoying a person is the worst way trying to get this medal. It's Inefficient˛ and yea... just dumb.

CSA Major

You’re not alone in this; I am asked every time I connect to a server to join this, that and another company. It can be annoying, often to the point of being counter-productive for the recruiting company. It is better to simply respond with a ‘no’ and find your own way, do not be pressured in to joining a group.

USA General of the Army

Agreed ...
    Some Companies will recruit any warm body to fill a uniform, others of us are at the other extreme of being highly selective ... then you have every level in between.
    So I would suggest doing your research and enjoying the game before joining. Many Commanders will want an explanation of why a Recruit left several units before applying to theirs.
    It isn't an automatic dis-qualifier but unit hopping can be a red flag to some ... research and find the unit that meets your standards and avoid the problem.
    Also must agree ... NO is am powerful tool in your search. Never be afraid to use it.

Good Luck and God's Speed in your search for more than a Company ... find your Home.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Personally (Well, I didn't have the problem in WoR, but in other games... Mount and blade *coughcough*) I'm annoyed if somebody is just trying to spam-recruit. But yes, some companys offer medals and such stuff for a certian amount of recruits... although I have to say that spam-recruiting or annoying a person is the worst way trying to get this medal. It's Inefficient˛ and yea... just dumb.
    Ohh, hey Engel! Glad to have you here again!

@ Topic
    People asking me too, ingame

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Ohh, hey Engel! Glad to have you here again!
    I have never been away. I have always read the most important Posts on the Forum & I'm playing WoR since 2 months have seen you already ingame several times

@ topic:
    I can't belive that some people are honestly trying to recruit developers... Shouldn't it be clear that they definetly won't accept? *facepalm*

Banned
    Dear Captain King
    I have formed a company for War of Rights the 17th Michigan Company A are you interested in joining this company my War of Rights character is
    easy to find on the games website once you long on type in the Company Search the name Captain Thomas and you can telegram me if you are interested in joining my
    company and I will in turn respond to your telegram right away
    So are you interested in joining the 17th Michigan Company A the Iron Brigade
    Glory to the Union

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by 126th NY View Post
    Dear Captain King
    I have formed a company for War of Rights the 17th Michigan Company A are you interested in joining this company my War of Rights character is
    easy to find on the games website once you long on type in the Company Search the name Captain Thomas and you can telegram me if you are interested in joining my
    company and I will in turn respond to your telegram right away
    So are you interested in joining the 17th Michigan Company A the Iron Brigade
    Glory to the Union
    I will add you to the list of people to check out.

USA General of the Army

I wouldn't touch that guy with a barge poll Captain_King. He tried to recruit me, I told him I was taken so he tried again.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 05-24-2018 at 08:57 PM.

CSA Colonel

My recommendation, don't worry about it. Just say "no thank you".

After a few weeks of playing you will notice which companies are routinely on at the same time as you and you will start to get a feel for which ones you like playing with and which you don't. Your choice will seem natural after that. The important part being "your choice", you have the luxury to take all the time you want to choose the Company that is right for you.