Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Day/Night Cycle at Drill Camp

USA Captain

Remove Day/Night Cycle at Drill Camp

I know I speak for many, and there is probably many other threads that say this. Day/Night cycle at the drill camps must be removed. It ruins drills for NA regiments, as we always have to drill at night. I know there is arguments in favor of the cycle, but it really does not out way the negatives of it. I understand the devs tried to make night time brighter so we can see better, but it still sucks. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm positive that real regiments did not drill in the dark, since they were most likely getting rest after a long day of marching or fighting. I'd assume units would drill in the morning before marching out, where they can see what they're doing.

CSA Captain

I Would like to keep the cycle! But I do fully understand that it sucks for us based regs to Drill at nighttime. Just recently I drilled together with the 95th and it really felt wrong.

Is there no way to have the cycles for each Server separated, in Order to match each Regions Prime time at day time on the Drill servers?

USA Captain

Agree to changing the timing for the drill camps in some way!

Please remove the Day Night Cycle off the NA servers as we always have to drill in the dark.

-Raider
    Last edited by TRaider; 05-26-2018 at 02:04 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Agree please remove the Day Night Cycle off the NA servers as we always have to drill in the dark.

-Raider
    I don't want the day/night cycle removed, I just want it to be integrated with our time zones.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I don't want the day/night cycle removed, I just want it to be integrated with our time zones.
    What I’d see going wrong with that is currently as I can tell it’s EST based cycle which means NA gets night time drills. If they make it for respected time zones then EU companies will feel the pain of night drills.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    I Would like to keep the cycle! But I do fully understand that it sucks for us based regs to Drill at nighttime. Just recently I drilled together with the 95th and it really felt wrong.

Is there no way to have the cycles for each Server separated, in Order to match each Regions Prime time at day time on the Drill servers?
    Aye I was at that drill observing. It doesn’t feel right at all drilling in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    If anything, the day/night cycle should coincide with Maryland time, not Denmark time.
    It doesn't coincide with either.

A full 24 hours in-game take roughly 4 real world hours.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Any way to off set the hours? Maybe like a 5 hour cycle? This way each real world day can have a chance of different times in game at different hours. So it's not always dark at 8pm EST every single day.
    Last edited by Tyler28256; 05-28-2018 at 09:19 PM.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Would it be possible to use a real world 24hr cycle based on server location? EU servers use GMT, NA East use Eastern time and NA West use Pacific?