Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cannons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USA General of the Army

cannons

I sure hope that when the day comes, we are able to limber cannons up, pull em by horse where needed on the field, unlimber them and fire them, and if needed again limber them up, and safely pull them away, then loose them to the enemy to use. some how i see cannons being placed by WOR where they may have a useless point of view, lol. being able to transport them where needed would be most usefull, thus the artillery duel begins. any exploded, destroyed cannons, can find a new cannons at spawn waiting for a new deployment.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    I sure hope that when the day comes, we are able to limber cannons up, pull em by horse where needed on the field, unlimber them and fire them, and if needed again limber them up, and safely pull them away, then loose them to the enemy to use. some how i see cannons being placed by WOR where they may have a useless point of view, lol. being able to transport them where needed would be most usefull, thus the artillery duel begins. any exploded, destroyed cannons, can find a new cannons at spawn waiting for a new deployment.
    What about having a limited supply of cannons just like the infantry has a limited supply of men?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    ... some how i see cannons being placed by WOR where they may have a useless point of view, ...
    The artillery now placed on the field in the many skirmishes are exactly where they were on Sept 17th 1862. (Or at least within 50 feet! )

USA General of the Army

im sure that the developers have in mind to add a ammunition wagon, I mean the revolvers surely will get more ammo in time as well. Im sure they dont plan on saying once your out of ammo your done on the field of battle, and thus forced to just hit re-spawn, for a death just to get more ammo, and take a penalty for the team for it. Im not the only one whos run out of ammo, and then just hit re-spawn.

USA General of the Army

like i said if we cant move em, they may as well be a paper weight. both sides will avoid knowing where they are and adjust accordingly, thus being able to move them would be nice, even if they are limited in numbers, just a thought. All the attacks on harpersferry will never go down the RR bridge, with 2 cannons setting there ready to mow down 50 men at once. leaving the only way in on the pontoon bridge where there are no cannons aiming at ya. if and when we ever get to use them anyhow. i wont attack down the RR bridge. if its a realistic load of cannons, it wont take long at all to load another round. 2 cannons and 6 infantry could hold that RR bridge forever. from spawn to the bridge then wait for all the men to mass up for an assault will take to long anyhow. then those 2 cannons own the whole bridge. and if captured will we be able to turn em around and use them against the enemy? again just a thought, not trying to debate this. i dont know what the developers have in mind about this development.

CSA Brigadier General

Should be in game mechanics that allow for guns to be captured, limbered and redeployed. By having character customization with grinding points to earn better guns as they progress. I would also suggest that the officers have the ability to command AI troops. Rank means nothing in a game where players do what ever they want without following actual orders. So allow officers to command AI troops, i.e. order charges, line fire or firing cannons. Cavalry? Will Cavalry be implemented.

CSA Brigadier General

If the cannons in game currently can't be moved. At least allow them to be crewed so that they can fire. This would give the Artillery minded people something to do if they don't want to fire a musket

I'd like to see that stuff too, but if I had a choice between an infantry-only game that works and one where infantry combat is sketchy and artillery doesn't help I'd rather just forget the arty. Honestly just animating horses seems nuts. I'm sure any first version for artillery will just be the guns themselves with a little bit of movement and sighting. You also have to consider that fences would really need to be destructible or movement would be severely hindered. It's one thing to get penned up in a yard by stone walls like the 9th Mass arty got penned up at the Trostle farm but it'd just be silly for guns to not be able to make their own egress through a farmer's fence. For Cavalry that will be an issue as well.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

The maps are big don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're big enough. I always imagined there was going to be an arm chair general implementation in the final game like they had for the BF4, an app where a commander is in charge... So if the commanding General successfully places a hold order or assault order and its carried out by a brigade then reward points are issued to the General to pay for an Artillery Salvo. In this case I wouldn't mind them being NPC animated for effect. Horses are another thing altogether, I don't think i've played a game yet that gets them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Adz84 View Post
    The maps are big don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're big enough. I always imagined there was going to be an arm chair general implementation in the final game like they had for the BF4, an app where a commander is in charge... So if the commanding General successfully places a hold order or assault order and its carried out by a brigade then reward points are issued to the General to pay for an Artillery Salvo. In this case I wouldn't mind them being NPC animated for effect. Horses are another thing altogether, I don't think i've played a game yet that gets them right.
    The maps are 4x4km in size, basicly as big as the entire Kingdom Come: The Deliverance map.
    I am sure you are talking about the Historical Battle mode, which will be part of the full game one day. Its an old overview, but have a look here:

https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate3