Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Harper's Ferry...

USA Captain

Poor Harper's Ferry...

I feel like Harper's Ferry needs more love from the community, 99.9% of the time I'm on people are on Antietam. The only time I've seen Harper's Ferry populated is when a new section gets released and the server gets full for a couple hours before it goes back to 0.
    16th Michigan Volunteer Infantry

Captain Shebby

Formerly 2nd Lt. of the 6th Wisconsin Infantry Co.B

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shebby View Post
    I feel like Harper's Ferry needs more love from the community, 99.9% of the time I'm on people are on Antietam. The only time I've seen Harper's Ferry populated is when a new section gets released and the server gets full for a couple hours before it goes back to 0.
    Man you missed it yesterday we played the cycle of all 6 maps 2 x

USA Captain

Harper's Ferry doesn't really support line battles, which is what a lot of player want to see. So yeah, I totally know why Harper's Ferry has a smaller fandom than Antietam. Still play the map now and then, especially as Reb, since I love charging over the bridges. Sometimes I survive
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.

CSA Captain

To be honest I don`t really know why Harpers Ferry came into the game. But anyway, not my game, not my decision. I personally don`t really like any of the HF maps. All of the maps are looking great but as there has already been written, HF has little to nothing to offer in terms of line battles. It simply doesn`t feel right for me, to have house fighting going on in times of civil war.

But for sure I wish everyone who enjoys HF loads of fun but to me it is no real miracle why HF servers are rarely populated.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    To be honest I don`t really know why Harpers Ferry came into the game. But anyway, not my game, not my decision. I personally don`t really like any of the HF maps. All of the maps are looking great but as there has already been written, HF has little to nothing to offer in terms of line battles. It simply doesn`t feel right for me, to have house fighting going on in times of civil war.

But for sure I wish everyone who enjoys HF loads of fun but to me it is no real miracle why HF servers are rarely populated.
    This game is based on the Maryland campaign, not strictly Antietam. In the future we will get other battles like south mountain and Shepherdstown.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    This game is based on the Maryland campaign, not strictly Antietam. In the future we will get other battles like south mountain and Shepherdstown.
    Yes I know, let`s put it better that way: I don`t know why Harpers Ferry, and I mean the non-historic city battle, had to be pushed into the game so early. Anyway we now seem to get the more historic fighting on the heights around HF and I am curious how these will turn out.

But in the end the Harpers Ferry maps so far have in my opinion little to offer regarding strategic fighting and that to me might lead to the underpopulated HF servers.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    Yes I know, let`s put it better that way: I don`t know why Harpers Ferry, and I mean the non-historic city battle, had to be pushed into the game so early. Anyway we now seem to get the more historic fighting on the heights around HF and I am curious how these will turn out.

But in the end the Harpers Ferry maps so far have in my opinion little to offer regarding strategic fighting and that to me might lead to the underpopulated HF servers.
    All these maps we have currently are ahistorical, it looks like the last few maps will be the historical parts of Harper’s Ferry. On the strategic side, the earlier maps of HF don’t really have any options to play with strategy but high street and after, the maps opened up and we have more room to move.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA General of the Army

I personally feel that Harper's Ferry is was a poor choice to push fro skirmish. I think it will be amazing as a full scale battle, but right now I can say I personally avoid Harper's whenever I can. I find the maps repetivitve and monotinous and just not fun. Best bit of fun to be had is watching the CSA complain about the Bridges which is honestly Burnside x10.

CSA Captain

The Harper's Ferry maps get a bum rap because the first three maps released were atrocious. The last three that were released are far and above the best of the bunch, but the damage has been done.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    The Harper's Ferry maps get a bum rap because the first three maps released were atrocious. The last three that were released are far and above the best of the bunch, but the damage has been done.
    I still don't like the new ones. I've given them a spin and I just can't find any love for them.