Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A few words regarding organized gameplay thanks to regiments ...

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    All the current skirmish areas are part of an overall single large 6 square mile map. When battle phase comes out the skirmish boundaries will disappear.
    That's when this game will elevate.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    That's what I think also.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Baldwin View Post
    I saw in another post that they are working on adding VOIP identification, which will help some as well. There will still be plenty of people talking at the same time, not intentionally, but at least you will be able to see who is talking and know who is giving verbal commands/orders. Those that now rely on that "officer" figure, may not be so reliant in the future if they know who is actually talking and giving orders with VOIP.
    Can't wait for that feature. Especially important to find out who:

- is giving orders. I had a battle when some random guy shouted orders and half of our unit got slaughtered in a pointless charge while the rest remained with their real CO.
    - is repeating orders. The CO gives an order and the NCOs in the line repeat that order so everyone gets it. Usually only 2 or 3 NCOs are with any bigger line, but 10 guys repeat that order. It works and adds immersion 'tough, so I don't consider this as an issue.

I also love to see a feature where you can tune down VOIP depending on who says it. For instance, I'd love to give an NCO/CO +10db or reduce enlisted chatter by -10db. This also helps a lot to hear orders given by a CO or NCO. Hopefully the class is play'd by someone who knows the trade.
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.

USA Major

Hmmm.
    Hope they have access to Summit so they can populate that 6 square miles with soldiers.
    Lightfoot

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Hmmm.
    Hope they have access to Summit so they can populate that 6 square miles with soldiers.
    What's Summit? I think if we could get 200 soldiers per server by that time it would be pretty epic.

USA Captain

What's Summit? I think if we could get 200 soldiers per server by that time it would be pretty epic.
    We have 150 players already and they hardly fill a battle field
    So if we get the full map at once, 200 players simply will get lost ...
    Ingame Nick: [KRT.2ndAuriga]Cpt.Data
    I'm not part of any Company: KRT is a clan playing Star Citizen and 2ndAuriga means I'm member of the 2nd wing of the Auriga Squadron.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by CptData View Post
    We have 150 players already and they hardly fill a battle field
    So if we get the full map at once, 200 players simply will get lost ...
    Don't get me wrong... more would be epic but I don't think technology can handle that yet. So will we still have skirmish areas or different spawn options so that the two forces can meet without having to walk for miles searching?

USA Captain

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but there will always be a market for regiments to play on public servers and do interesting things to ensure that a fresh flow of recruits is kept up, otherwise eventually those shut off regiments will simply die off over time.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Stalin View Post
    Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but there will always be a market for regiments to play on public servers and do interesting things to ensure that a fresh flow of recruits is kept up, otherwise eventually those shut off regiments will simply die off over time.
    Agreed
    II Corps will never fully abandon Public Servers as it is a great source of Recruits that we can evaluate in action.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Agreed
    II Corps will never fully abandon Public Servers as it is a great source of Recruits that we can evaluate in action.
    I am also sure you won't be the only ones doing it either
    But to keep on topic, i do not believe there is any reason why public players should be worried about regiments "abandoning" public servers"
    I think there will be a healthy mix between organised events and regiments on public servers on this game when it gets closer to full release due to the target audience of the game being enthusiasts or people who want something more serious. As there are in similar games I am sure there will be at least one community who will pick up the "public event" style where a privately owned server is open to public players and regiments alike.

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    union side is they all are mostly paper companies
    This is largely due to the fact these companies are pre-established groups with people waiting for the game to be later in development before playing, most likely for gameplay and financial reasons. I mean $70 is a lot to ask for from members if you are a large group asking them to move over already, not to mention it would be expecting too much too early from the game considering it is still in a testing stage. At this current moment I really don't see a problem with "paper companies".
    Last edited by Stalin; 06-11-2018 at 08:34 PM.