Thread: Turn 360 degrees while kneeling

Turn 360 degrees while kneeling

I discovered at some point while playing that it is possible to make your character turn 360 degrees while kneeling but it still appears to other players that you are turning only 90 degrees.

You can do this by quickly tapping "a" or "d" once (or whichever keys you use to strafe left and right) while kneeling. If you do it fast enough that your character doesn't move and stand up, you will be able to rotate 360 degrees. Several people have been able to repeat this without fail.

Attached are images showing that you aim normally, what it looks like to other players, and a gif of me being shot while it clearly doesn't look like he's aiming at me.

P.S. Another bug I found that's somewhat related (they can definitely be paired and devastating) is in the attic of the house on Nicodemus Hill. If you kneel in the corners by the windows (those walls are fake and can be walked through and shot through) you can move a small distance left and right while still kneeling. I'm not sure if that requires it's own thread as well. If it does, I'll make one showing it happen.

EDIT: the .gif file wasn't uploading properly so here's the video:
    https://gyazo.com/e55b5785b97f26b69f8c04f91bdecc54
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joseph High; 06-04-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: gif upload wasn't working so tried video

Thank you for the report.

- Trusty

USA Major

What is the point of not being able to turn 360 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by Pronewb View Post
    What is the point of not being able to turn 360 degrees?
    To portray kneeling opposed to crouching. (we only feature kneeling). We don't want kneeling to be the logical choice to do 99% of the time so certain disadvantages have to be there such as not being able to turn fully (at least not whe we fix the reported issue), slower reload time, lowered to skirmishing instead of in formation.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    To portray kneeling opposed to crouching. (we only feature kneeling). We don't want kneeling to be the logical choice to do 99% of the time so certain disadvantages have to be there such as not being able to turn fully (at least not whe we fix the reported issue), slower reload time, lowered to skirmishing instead of in formation.

- Trusty
    I think in the game it would still be understandable to rotate even whilst kneeling, even if it causes some sort of animation once a limit is reached maybe if possible of course.