Thread: 8GB Low memory issues with crashing Alpha Clients?

CSA Captain

8GB Low memory issues with crashing Alpha Clients?

Hey guys I read a thread in Alpha and could not reply but. The error message posted was from the memory subsystem and shows that he had 4gb of disk being used as memory by the O/S. Windows 10, even if stripped to bare mins will use up almost all of 8GB ram. Leaving very little left for advanced DirectX games. This game is gonna need 16 or more as we march into the future together. So just to recap. The people saying Alpha crash all seem to have 8 so they should try to go to 16, 24 or even 32 IMO*. When directX and the graphics card is reading or write memory and it expects a ram chip to quickly answer then the disk is overworked it's like a car crash inside your CPU. game over.

Anything beyond 16GB of memory is kind of ridiculous, to be honest. If more is recommended for any particular game, there's something seriously wrong with that game under the hood. You're pretty much throwing money down the drain for no reason by getting 24 / 32GB.

The only exception to this might be 4k gaming or something, but virtually no PC gamers have the GPU hardware for that kind of workload.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    No worries here.

My tower's motherboard and processor(s), both can support 128 gig of ramm.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    No worries here.

My tower's motherboard and processor(s), both can support 128 gig of ramm.
    Nice...
    "Ya know, the yanks could have won at Chancellorsville if Hooker didn't crash mid-battle."