Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 8th Ohio Volunteer Infantry Co. D - “Fighting Fools” of the Gibraltar Brigade

USA Major

It has become necessary for me to turn over the 8th Ohio Co. D to current members due to personal reasons. In reality, my children have expressed very maturely and sincerely that they need more time with me and something has to give. As amazing as it is and as much as I enjoy it, I will not put this game ahead of them. My businesses pay the bills and my friends are important to me and nothing will change with that. War of Rights is the thing that has to give way. For any of you who run a company/companies you know the time commitment involved, and unless I can put the time in like I want to to rise this company to my high standards, it is best for me to step away.

Most likely the 8th Ohio Co. D will run it's operations in a new thread as I don't believe there is a way to transfer it otherwise. I will be in-game from time-to-time when my schedule permits and hope to see many of you out there in the months to come.

All my best! Capt. Sawyer.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    It has become necessary for me to turn over the 8th Ohio Co. D to current members due to personal reasons. In reality, my children have expressed very maturely and sincerely that they need more time with me and something has to give. As amazing as it is and as much as I enjoy it, I will not put this game ahead of them. My businesses pay the bills and my friends are important to me and nothing will change with that. War of Rights is the thing that has to give way. For any of you who run a company/companies you know the time commitment involved, and unless I can put the time in like I want to to rise this company to my high standards, it is best for me to step away.

Most likely the 8th Ohio Co. D will run it's operations in a new thread as I don't believe there is a way to transfer it otherwise. I will be in-game from time-to-time when my schedule permits and hope to see many of you out there in the months to come.

All my best! Capt. Sawyer.
    Family & social life is an important aspect of a person's life, some of us invest a huge time and energy in gaming and thus neglecting part of life.
    For some gaming can be a hobby, a way to blow of steam, a frustrating time passing … you name it
    I noticed a lots of my friends stopped playing when having a relationship/kids and some mention it's expensive to keep gaming for just a few hours a month. (consoles can be a cheaper alternative).

I highly respect your decision to hand over the company, if you can't fully commit to it and your decision to free up time for the family … wish you to best and hope to see you playing occasionally

CSA Captain

Unfortunately there are not enough hours in a day to do all one would like.

All the best for the future!
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

I hope I can continue Captain Sawyer's hard work and keep the company going. We all respect what you have done for the company and maybe you can fight with us once and awhile. Good luck Captain, hope everything gets better for you.
    CLICK ABOVE TO CHECK OUT THE 1ST CAVALRY

2nd Lt. Ogle
    1st Maine Cavalry Company G

USA General of the Army

I wish you the best for the future Captain. As Lt. Durham said there are simply never enough hours.

USA Major

Thank you everyone. It was a tough decision but the right one for me at this point.

USA Major

This thread is effectively 'dead' as the company has been turned over to Capt. Ogle who will head up the 8th Ohio Co. D from this point forward. The new thread can be found here.

Closed by request of OP.

- Trusty