Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: we are getting of the constant server crashes during event

CSA Captain

Lastly I'd just like to point out that you've not bought "stuff" - you've pledged via a crowdfunding campaign in an effort to help the development of a game out and as a small gesture of thanks for doing so you will be given certain rewards. Thanks to everyone who's decided to go ahead and support us - wouldn't be a game without you guys. -----
    --------

Pledge or bought doesnt matter, end result I could lose my 237 bucks was the point I was making. Saying pledging does make it sound prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Lastly I'd just like to point out that you've not bought "stuff" - you've pledged via a crowdfunding campaign in an effort to help the development of a game out and as a small gesture of thanks for doing so you will be given certain rewards. Thanks to everyone who's decided to go ahead and support us - wouldn't be a game without you guys. -----
    --------

Pledge or bought doesnt matter, end result I could lose my 237 bucks was the point I was making. Saying pledging does make it sound prettier.
    It matters to us. A pledge is a payment made to support a project - a project that may fail or not turn out as you expected. As a thanks for your support you will get certain rewards for pledging.

A purchase is acquiring a particular product that is for sale. You can expect the product to be what it states it is (or it would be false advertising).

That being said, we are of course not in this for you to feel like you have lost the value of your pledge.

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by ItsVash View Post
    If it was that easy to have high population the quote "Big Boys" would be doing it. Back when Planetside 1 was a thing Sony email me and complained my guild would crash server (150 zoning in with drop ships and fighters etc). Um Fortnite and Pubg limit 100 cause all the data overload. IMO* what happens is mostly trouble with the database. Not everyone can afford a top of the line Oracle Fujitsu server with all the CPU's unlocked lol (Only the U.S. Govt and maybe a few companies with money to burn). That's about the only thing that will eventually break the viable player zone barriers. At some point a sanity level needs to be determined for stable function and just settle with it until such a time as engine tech can advance. This is the proper phase to push such things but let's not let it become a roadblock for too long as it's just futile to think that somehow live populations can magically go way higher than what the big players can pull off with unlimited engine and server budgets.

• Increasing the maximum 'players' didn't happen over night, WoR has been in development for a while.
    • Agreed that the boundaries of the cryengine are being tested.

-> We did have some successful 150/150 player matches. (mostly one server, sometimes a second got filled partially) -> yes some people couldn't connect.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAD
    One step forward, most of the time, two back
    Think that's also what 'Sal' was hinting on, we get a new 'patch/update' fixing things and trying new things … but also possible making things worse for some players.
    On some events I crash 4-5 times or can't connect easily (I checked my logs, if they are useful I'll send them in) and other events once in … smooth ride.

-> You probably won't hear the persons who don't have problems or where the situation improved (unless it's a fix thread).

Quote Originally Posted by GOAD

• The whole pre-order/plegde/kickstarter/early acces is great for game developers, but some just want a fast cash grab or a game takes so long to get developed people and the devs lose interest in it. -> it has been a problem lately on steam (steam already took actions against fake games)
    • Games likes crossout/world of tanks/war thunder/star citzen got it figured out nicely to get revenue : you pack packs (vehicle/tank/plane/spaceship) or gold to advance faster. -> Free to play … pay to advance
    • Episodic releases are also great , Telltale games (walking dead, guardians of the galaxy, Wolf within us …) - Life is strange (and it's prequel before the storm) - Hitman ...
    • On of the finest things is that community/devs get feedback so they can adjust before release or gamers know what to be expected.

I plegde/early acces for games I want to "support/want to play" and have the highest hope for, I've been more careful doing so for a year or two. (yes some pledged are expensive and some games don't turn out the way we expect like Trusty stated)
    Last edited by Redleader; 07-12-2018 at 11:26 AM.