Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call out all the union 100 person companies

CSA Major

Call out all the union 100 person companies

there is like 10 union 100 person companies on company tool calling all you out for a sunday battle at 8:00pm est tonite 6/17/18
    the second corps for the last 2 weeks have had to play against out self's all they union companies are all saying we all have 100 people please show up tonite and may yourselves known please

we are hoping we can get 150 people on if all the 100 person union companies can at least get 50 or so each please help us and and test show your union spirit the second corps will be showing our csa spirit
    come one come all lets see how many the union can get on

as requested but i did really mean any union companies wether you have 1 or 100 please come show up for our weekend events sundays nite 8pm est and monday nite 8pm est i didnt mean to leave any union companies out sorry i am just getting tired for just playing mostly csa against each other
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 06-18-2018 at 12:16 AM.

CSA Captain

The numbers on the company tool doesn't show how many have alpha access and I can't recall seeing a large number of people from any of those companies in general.
    Last edited by Saris; 06-17-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Major

If you only want Union companies with 100 guys to show up then no one will come because no one can field close to that many. Even the largest Union companies field maybe 15-20 guys at most. You should reword your post to invite ALL Union companies for the best chance of success and I'm sure the 'little guys' will appreciate not being left out of the invite.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 06-18-2018 at 12:06 AM.

USA General of the Army

They march only on paper

CSA Major

bravescot yea we are seeing that i really wish the developers would limit company tool to just who have bought into the game at the stage we are now that would fix and the companies and we could see who really is playing and makeing events easier to do
    i would venture to say in the 12 months i have been playing the game 90% of all union companies are paper its getting rather tiring playing csa against csa on the events now last nite there were some union for the line battle maybe a total of like 30 combined

CSA Captain

It doesn't help that the game and community work against the average Union player.

Keep in mind that the Union was far more active when Skirmishes first released, but constant Confederate defence(Burnside's in particular)and shoddy Union leadership that focused on marching and looking cute really did a number on Union morale.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

I'd credit maps like Burnside killing it for the Union. Yes we have a few match stick commanders, I am guilty of it now and then, but I think the constant attack on some very hard maps begins to grind on the nerves far swifter than having to put up with the odd commander who likes a good line.

CSA Major

both bridge maps should removed until more of the full game is available all it is is a running and dieing simulator that gets very boring very fast for both sides but your are right the union seems to want to make this a reinactment game and that doesnt work for them nice little lines and marching around doesnt work you have figured after a yr skirmishes they would learn that also after a few loses they usually quit the server in force
    i truly love this game but the union has to get some real companies and stop making more for 5 person ones
    they all want to be officers and have no pvts maybe after they redo the officer where they have to stay with their troops it will improve matters i really wish the union would get their act together and fight i know that are some good companies out there like bravescots and other but it seems most union companies dont play nice with each other

just want better battles

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    ... all it is is a running and dieing simulator that gets very boring very fast for both sides but your are right the union seems to want to make this a reinactment game and that doesnt work for them nice little lines and marching around doesnt work you have figured after a yr skirmishes they would learn that also after a few loses they usually quit the server in force
    1st: Some sort of punctuation really helps understanding posts alot!

2nd: For sure one would want to play Companies (if they are Line-infantry) the way a Line-infantry would have acted in the Civil War. If I would want to Lone-wolf around or have 3-4 buddies with me to skirmish only (or let`s say just rush the Cap-point) I could still be playing Battlefield or any of those Swamp-Chicken-Like 1st Person shooters.
    To me the "reenactment" side of things is the main cause to get into this game in the first place. I would just see it the other way around. Namely that CSA Companies (for the most part) are unable to understand and to play according to historical respects. Maybe there is a lack of able commanders and the will for historical accuracy on the CSA side of the community.

Anyway, to me! there is nothing as irrelevant than to win/loose Skirmishes at the current state of the game at all.

Best reagrds!

CSA Major

jag and that will be for what private servers are going to be for i you want to have line battles go for it, but that type of battle was nearing its end in the civil and if we were still back in 1862 it would problaby work but now with how fire teams and scouts and what not work in real life people are imploying them in this game and 1862 battle tactics wont work against a 3 lines with int-locking field of fire sorry for the punctuation problems i am sick and i dont care lol

i am not saying you cant be in lines but one big line against 3 lines on flanks and fire teams or 4 or so will decimate a full line of infantry pretty fast even with single shot rifles
    the union has to adapt to the times is all i am saying

and yes redleader the eagle brigade and 1st cav seem to have the right idea hope they can grow and prosper also it has taken the 2nd corps over a yr to get to this pt and i think the union try to fast track things and that doesnt work
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 06-18-2018 at 10:44 PM.