Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some quirks about gameplay that nobody seems all that concerned about.

CSA Captain

Coming from someone who plays on low because I have to, Ive never noticed that the smoke is so thin as if it isn't there. There are many a time I was in line battles, and couldn't see anything as my fellows who may be on High settings. Ive been in a lot of line battles too, not just one. After enough firing it is so thick I cant see anything till it is carried off in the wind. Other than this, Ive got nothing to add about the rest you mentioned. Id just hate to see me have to upgrade my PC again so soon, when I barely got any money to do it. So whatever tweaks they do to low settings "if" they ever tweak I hope I can still run it....

CSA Captain

That is exactly what i am currently feeling regarding the game. Thanks for that post Poorlaggedman
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    If players are doing this then they need an 'ethics' check. I'll be sure to call out anyone I see doing that although I haven't witnessed it.

• It's not like 'players' switch especially to 'low' graphics just to see through corn/smoke ... they are just on low graphics and if they see an enemy ... they shoot.
    • But there have been rare occasions where people call out the enemy movement or position, so an ethics check should apply here since this would mean an 'unfair' (sure we can all go low graphics) advantage.

It's not the first game with these issues, some really 'tweak' their settings to see the enemy better (Verdun, World of Tanks …).
    So I'm sure the devs will implement destructible environments, corn you can flatten, fire that burns all … -> all in the next update with the horses, arty and the 2000 players campaign map ! (all they need is the Star Citizen budget)

I remember one occasion concerning graphic settings in PVE co-op in & Dangerous II) :

[GS]*** : Redleader, you should get some cover.
    [GS]Redleader : What do you mean, I'm in cover ?
    [GS]*** : you're in the open, prone on the ground
    [GS]Redleader : I'm in the high grass
    [GS]*** : what grass ?

Luckily the AI also saw grass

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    • It's not like 'players' switch especially to 'low' graphics just to see through corn/smoke ... they are just on low graphics and if they see an enemy ... they shoot.
    • But there have been rare occasions where people call out the enemy movement or position, so an ethics check should apply here since this would mean an 'unfair' (sure we can all go low graphics) advantage.

It's not the first game with these issues, some really 'tweak' their settings to see the enemy better (Verdun, World of Tanks …).
    So I'm sure the devs will implement destructible environments, corn you can flatten, fire that burns all … -> all in the next update with the horses, arty and the 2000 players campaign map ! (all they need is the Star Citizen budget)

I remember one occasion concerning graphic settings in PVE co-op in & Dangerous II) :

[GS]*** : Redleader, you should get some cover.
    [GS]Redleader : What do you mean, I'm in cover ?
    [GS]*** : you're in the open, prone on the ground
    [GS]Redleader : I'm in the high grass
    [GS]*** : what grass ?

Luckily the AI also saw grass
    My mistake. I spoke with someone just last week and we discussed this. I was under the impression that people were doing it on purpose.

That is a funny account... "What grass?"

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    It feels more like 90%+ from my experience of fighting against and behind fences. If you're hit through a fence in a spot that would normally kill you then it should kill you still. But that isn't what's happening. The results speak for themselves. A shot at someone through a fence at greater range than a few rods is a wasted shot in WoR. The reality should be that most of the bullets properly put onto players behind fences should be finding their mark. 50% would be a generous protection, depending on the quality of the fence. A hit square on a rail might stop but at the edges there's little chance it won't chew through and be insufficiently redirected to land more-or-less where it was going in the first place for the next 1-2 feet of travel. I'm not aware of too many accounts where a fence was considered serious protection that fights revolve around. They're mostly an obstacle. I wouldn't feel the least bit safe standing behind one. Safer than in the open but not much at all.

You can't tell me that the .58 caliber minie ball, even ricocheting off a fence isn't going to do more damage than the pistolball ammunition, which almost always drops people in one shot in WoR. A slight deviation in trajectory isn't going to result in just a slight wound more often than not.
    Attachment 8914
    Im with you on that !

The new fences feel a lot better. However there's still some quirks with some objects, especially windows and window frames and cannons and their instruments. Some seem more or less bulletproof.. It'd be nice one day to have the various styles of sturdy and less sturdy fences represented. A fence in someone's yard aught to have pretty good bullet penetration. Especially the fences in yards with visible cracks between boards.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 07-22-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n