Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is this game taking so long - 5 or 6 years now?!!

Why is this game taking so long - 5 or 6 years now?!!

I heard about this game the same time that the creators of nw started on their game bcof (which coincidently hasnt come out yet either )!

But that was back in 2013

what on earth is taking this game 5 years

And why even bother hyping it 5 years ago if you knew it would take so long

I just feel these games like bannerlord bcof wor that pop up talk about an upcoming game, and then 5 or 6 years later its still NOWHERE NEAR complete, are just a waste of time

Very dissapointed that i check back on this forum today excpecting this game to have been released maybe two years ago and find that still its nothing except a load of donations, and a load of waffle but NO GAME STILL!!

ps i know i might sound a bit rageish but i did my research i looked through the steam page discussions and here, but nowhere do i see any kind of a transparent explanation as to why its almost 2019 and theres STILL no public release!

CSA Major

They are a small team of developers working on the game. I too share your frustration, but I can tell you that the developers here are still very much concerned about the game and still working hard on it.
    Captain Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana

Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

but with the amount of donations ALMOST A MILLION POUNDS
    is that still an excuse?
    they should have been able to hire a semi size team for a while now

it shouldnt be taking this long

Greetings!

We started the project back in 2012 having no game dev experience what so ever.

It takes time to learn how to become a game dev and to grow a team. We spent the first several years doing this.

I'd invite you to check out the 120 alpha updates released the past two years (the years we've had funding): https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...ts-Patch-Notes

- Trusty

So, development is slow yes. But, as people have promptly pointed out, they are a very small team that had to learn how to develop games, build a company, get a workflow started, build core systems, models, etc., find a server, use an engine that is not made for large multiplayer work for large multiplayer which introduces many bugs and issues, plus countless more items with a tiny team. Not to mention the research from sources that are incredibly spotty and limited in what they provide, so that makes it doubly difficult to historically recreate the weapons, uniforms, and maps. I think you get the point.

thanks for replying and understanding that this isnt me `having a go` or trolling

but id like to know when do you resonably excpect this to be in the general publics hand

i know that it had teething problems etc but we are 6 years in now from 2012 - almost 7 years in a few months

so really, 7 years for the game? and still no release in sight

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gruntig View Post
    but with the amount of donations ALMOST A MILLION POUNDS
    is that still an excuse?
    they should have been able to hire a semi size team for a while now

it shouldnt be taking this long
    Well... even if it sounds like lots of money, for a game which is in developing this amount of money is nearly nothing. Just think about the personal costs: (And i even neglect the costs for software licences, for PCs or such stuff)
    They got about 790.000€ so far. A software developer costs, due to the huge amounts of gouvermental fees, about 4000€/month for the company. So, they are developing for 6 years, means a single developer would have cost 336.000€ in 6 years, so that they could only pay 2 (!!!!) full time developer with this money.
    I know, in realitiy the team is larger due to the fact that they have voluneers, part time jobs etc.

But you see, a million €, $ or Pounds is nothing for a game. Let's take EA with the new Battlefield: They only need 2 years to develop a game, but they got a team with several hundrets of developers, theyr games cost serveral 100 Millions of dollars.
    I think now it's clear why the arn't as fast as EA, but personally, I have the greatest respect from developers in small studios, who are making everything at theyr own.

thanks for replying and understanding that this isnt me `having a go` or trolling

but id like to know when do you resonably excpect this to be in the general publics hand

i know that it had teething problems etc but we are 6 years in now from 2012 - almost 7 years in a few months

It is "in the publics hands", and they have made significant progress. They have also said the Beta will become available before the end of the year, making it much more accessible (mainly because of the price dropping almost in half exactly). If you mean a full release, well, the devs won't give us that so we can really only speculate on a full release date.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

They gotta sleep and eat some time …. they can't 'develop' 24/7.