Thread: Advice on choosing a company or starting a company?

CSA Major

Advice on choosing a company or starting a company?

I've been using the company tool to look at companies, and have already had a couple of telegrams from companies recruiting, but I'd like some advice from more experienced players (or anyone with an opinion!).

Problems:
    1. I'm an American, but I live in Japan, so the time difference between NA or EU and Japan time might make it difficult to join some drills.
    2. I'm REALLY busy. I generally work 5-6 days a week, and I work long hours, so it may not be possible for me to commit to being in regular drills and battles.

Are there companies that are friendly for more casual (i.e. busy) players? I will say I have no problem following orders or working as part of team, and I'm pretty good at paying attention and learning. So when I show up, I hope I'll contribute in a positive way, but I maybe AWOL quite a lot, and come off as a bit of a goldbrick.

I've wondered if I should try STARTING a company for people in Asia/Australia, but I worry that my busy real-life schedule might adversely impact my ability to be a good or attentive c.o. I wouldn't want to neglect the team, you know?

I'd appreciate thoughts and advice on this.

CSA Major General

My advice would be play a few times and see who's in your time shedule and which regiments play.
    If you like them you can see about enlisting, there is no rush ... take the decision you feel comfortable with.

CSA Captain

Also, big events are usually on your days since you are in Japan - Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday....the closest reasonable times for you would be the NA timed events at 8:00 PM EST on each of those days I listed for you which would be 9:00 AM for you when they happen if I figured everything correctly. So maybe if you are off on your weekends you can still show up. Events usually only 2 hours. Good luck.

CSA Captain

I think making a platform for Asian based players would be a very solid idea. We have a guy from Singapore and two guys living in China in our company. They can make it to some of our drills and fights but like you said its always a bit in between. Could be a nice idea to create something there that would suit that player base.

CSA Major

Thank you for you input, all of you. I appreciate it. I'll give it some thought.

Join Jenkin's Brigade! We are people from all around the world!

*JOIN THE 2ND USSS*

The 2nd United States Sharpshooters is accepting rectuits for Companies G and H. This company serves as the premier sharp shooting group for the Union Army in War of Rights. We drill together on Fridays to keep our aim sharp and practice skirmishing tactics and fight on Fridays and Sundays with The Northern Agression. If you are looking for a unique and fun experience with a group of dedicated Civil War enthsiasts, this is the group for you!
    images.jpg

This thread is 2 years old, guys...