Thread: Interest in Mid-Week EU Event?

USA Major

Interest in Mid-Week EU Event?

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to gauge interest in a mid-week event that might run around 2-3 EST which I guess equals 8-9 BST. Is that right? I get so confused with time zones. It could even be earlier like 1-2 EST / 7-8 BST.

It could run on a Tuesday or Wednesday and would offer a nice option to play during the week versus on the weekend where I know I'm very busy with family commitments. For me personally, my kids are still at school at those times and my wife is at work - so she can't give me hard time for goofing off - and I work from home so it's perfect for me. Also it opens up another option for the EU guys who just get the Saturday event at a convenient time and at other times have to stay up half the night to game WOR otherwise.

In any event I'm just putting the feelers out to see if there may be some interest. Even if we had 30-40 guys or so we could have some pretty good scraps mid-week to break up the monotony and tide us over to the weekend for the larger events. We could even try some line battle events or vary some things to make the fights more interesting... lots of options.

Let me know... thanks!
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-16-2018 at 08:51 AM.

CSA Captain

Yes would be interesting
    If we can get a UK starting time around 19:00 / 20:00 That would be good for most of the EU-folk.
    I will check if we can get some guys together.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    Yes would be interesting
    If we can get a UK starting time around 19:00 / 20:00 That would be good for most of the EU-folk.
    I will check if we can get some guys together.
    Fantastic!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Hello everyone.

- and I work from home so it's perfect for me.
    LoL! I tried that once. I wrote a few major reports up whilst not having to commute. When I think of them, each has a strong connection with the game I was playing at the time....Eve Online, War Thunder and Battleground Europe. I probably could have done it in half the time without 'distractions'!

With reference to the OP, I would be interested but I'd have to run it past 'She who Must be Obeyed'.

CSA Captain

Sounds like an excellent idea.
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Numitor View Post
    Sounds like an excellent idea.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    LoL! I tried that once. I wrote a few major reports up whilst not having to commute. When I think of them, each has a strong connection with the game I was playing at the time....Eve Online, War Thunder and Battleground Europe. I probably could have done it in half the time without 'distractions'!

With reference to the OP, I would be interested but I'd have to run it past 'She who Must be Obeyed'.
    Yes, work/gaming balance is a tough one but I'm getting more disciplined as time goes on... or at least I think I am . Good luck with the Mrs. I usually 'pitch in' a little extra for a few days then casually drop in my request and it works wonders.

USA Captain

I'm interested, but I'd have to ask my men to see who can make it at those times.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    I'm interested, but I'd have to ask my men to see who can make it at those times.
    Great Capt. Tyler. I'm calling it an event but it's really a dedicated time where EU guys can game mid-week. It could become more organized over time but right now I just want to see if we can get a significant number of bodies in there to start then grow it over time.

I've been in contact with Dutchconfederate (Carter [3rdAL]) and he's going to pitch in to promote it and we're looking to give it a go for the first time on Wednesday, August 1. We can square away a time and I might poll people on that in the coming weeks to help determine the best time but right now I'm thinking 1-2 EST which I believe is 7-8 BST but please someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

CSA Major

I can make those as well that's 3pm-4pm ast for me, and I will get the word out to all our EU guys and any NA guys available at that time
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    I can make those as well that's 3pm-4pm ast for me, and I will get the word out to all our EU guys and any NA guys available at that time

That's great Warboy. I understand you know a 'few' people. Carter told me the 18th North Carolina and 52nd New York would be good bets due to their EU ranks.