Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Future of War of Rights Alpha and it's survival

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    That's it, I am going to leave War of Rights and play Star Wars Galaxies!
    That was a low blow man, got me right in the nostalgia.

CSA Captain

I recently tried to get the soldiers in line, then we advanced in perfect order towards the enemy...then the MG42 opened up, brave moment i tell you.

Can anyone tell me what those guys have in common that PS (love it!) and WoR (love it too!) have in common ?! like game wise ?
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Captain

Guys all the swg talk is lol. Think a one load revolver is OverPowered? I had the deal where you could have 3 full grown Rancor bio pets, AT THE SAME TIME. Talk about the biggest WIN (pet attack) button in video game history. They nerfed it after a month or so. I could win any pvp match simply by pressing pet attack once and could then remove hands from keyboard...

So as far as retail. This game seems more of an artwork to me than out to make cold cash like other games. They could have a store with all weapons and gui with radar etc.. sell that junk like FartNight and FailG have all neon colored guns that are supposed to be sitting around randomly (breaking the premise of post disaster zone and american guns laying around etc).

I enjoy the fresh and simple take this game has so it just needs a few good customers not a lot of bad ones. My only advice would be to improve the fun factor, elevate Entertainment a little (put back revolvers the way they where in the actual war). All the anti rambo talk is kinda turning me off. I love to hold line etc and on occasion I like to attack. Should be able to if I play for hours listening to dudes that like to bark orders, which is really cool and unique part of this game sometimes but they can't be allowed to overdo it.

Being in several beta right now, some with and some without NDA (SC is terrible right now. no NDA haha). This is one of the most actual fun and easy to jump on and "get a taste" of action.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallJameson View Post
    That was a low blow man, got me right in the nostalgia.
    Come join SWGEmu

Quote Originally Posted by ItsVash View Post
    Guys all the swg talk is lol. Think a one load revolver is OverPowered? I had the deal where you could have 3 full grown Rancor bio pets, AT THE SAME TIME. Talk about the biggest WIN (pet attack) button in video game history. They nerfed it after a month or so. I could win any pvp match simply by pressing pet attack once and could then remove hands from keyboard...
    BE Pets were always great in the early days. I made a lot of money as a MBE. The SWGEmu project is going for Pub 14.1 so it is post CH nerf. I have a decent tanking Kimogila at the moment.

CSA Brigadier General

Oh man.... swg. How I miss it so.

But getting back to the issue at hand. One thing I've learned in life is people come for the game, they stay for the community. We have no control over people's decisions, we only have control of what we can do as people and community members. Be a cool community that keeps people informed without being dicks and people will gravitate towards that.

The main issue I see for the future of WOR is the limitation of servers. Don't get me wrong 150 is alot of space but trying to be historical while not being able to field thousands of bodies a side is limiting but alot of companies are only focusing on their "side" relying on counterparts, north or south companies to give them solid competition. When the game does release, a good company with good leadership that has events that are well maintained, rules enforced.. etc. Those servers are going to be filled up.

Just my humble opinion.

"Typing on phone, forgive grammatical errors"