Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini radar that is lightly transparant on only shows 5 ft around you.

CSA Brigadier General

Mini radar that is lightly transparant that only shows 5 ft around you.

Just a suggestion, especially for line battles. It would be greatly beneficial to have a mini radar that only shows immediate surroundings in an out of the way place on the screen. Maybe make it toggle like the T button. It would help make up for lack of periphial vision and general awareness. This should help folks, especially new players be able to form up in a column or line quickly. They can look at the mini radar to see that they are out of line. Again, Just a suggestion but one I think would help with any formation.

Typing on phone, forgive grammatical errors.
    Last edited by Shocktroop3012; 07-19-2018 at 09:53 PM.

i disagree

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dump Pants View Post
    i disagree
    ^ yes, please no mini map
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Brigadier General

So you like playing in a gaggle everytime you try and play a line battle? I mean sure, there are some units that drill and form up quickly but it would help everyone form up just a little quicker, especially for new players or those that aren't in a unit.

CSA Brigadier General

I'm not saying mini map, just a mini radar that shows squares or blips of people (your side only) in your immediate surrounding of five feet. And not one that is persistent, just one that can be toggled quickly to see where you are in line.

USA Brigadier General

or you use the ALT button to move your head and look around.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    or you use the ALT button to move your head and look around.
    yeah, but my neck kills me when I do that. I'll see if I can make a graphic to give an idea of what I mean. Be prepared for crayons though with my photoshop skills. joke.

CSA Brigadier General

Ok, this is a quick idea. The center block is white representing you, the rest are those from your side around you. Here again, it's just an idea but I really hate firing in a formation that falls apart or the lines are all wonky. Not to mention, people that rush to get into place and pushing people out of formation. The idea is that it would be a toggled thing and not up permanently. It's there just long enough to see where you are in relation to those next to you.

[

USA Major

I think it is a good idea. Should be on separate toggle so you can call it up only when you need it to help adjust your line. The alt button allows you to look around but is almost impossible to use while using the movement keys to adjust your position. Even if it only shows friendlies it would still be extremely useful for helping you maintain formations.

I also will go further and say it should show enemy troops. One of the reasons "lone wolfs" are so effective is that they can slip behind a line and kill like they are some kind of ninja. This is the lack of peripheral vision and difficulty of nearby troops to "voice" an alarm and fight at the same time. The mini map would correct this problem by giving you a "visual" representation of what you should have been able to get from your own eyes and ears. It does detract from the game's intent to try to simulate a "real" soldier but there is a reason all other shooter games include this. You can't simulate real eyes and the ability to move just the eye or head and eye very quickly without altering your position.
    Lightfoot

USA Lieutenant General

The main point of this game is to work together and the best way to do so is by finding yourself a Company to be part of. So you can learn drills, learn your plays in formation and so on.
    By doing so you do not need a minimap because you know where to go and if not, you will have a nice NCO to yell you into place

Most Line battles will be played on private servers with server rules. So not much chance of seeing Random players on these type of servers. Therefore I do not see the advantage of a mini-map in WoR.
    Last edited by MadWolf; 07-22-2018 at 03:59 PM.