Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or..............

CSA Captain

Is it just me or..............

.............is sitting at your PC yelling into your mic when you charge in game, well kind of embarrassing? especially for the Confederates! Maybe more immersive to tie a yell/scream to the charge key?
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA Captain

Soundpad it then

CSA Major

hell my wife thinks i am crazy most of the time playing this game screaming charge and fix bayonets
    lol

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    hell my wife thinks i am crazy most of the time playing this game screaming charge and fix bayonets
    lol
    I don't gots a wife … but since I am an apartment dweller, I need to be aware of the neighbors. I don't need em calling the authorities on me.

My neighbors already are afraid of me so it doesn't matter. Just name your WIFI The Serial Killer Next Door. Not a fan of voice commands honestly, though I'd love a real dynamic system that can carry the voice farther based on circumstances. Seems highly unlikely though. Even the post-'death' wounded reb sounds are a little odd.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    .............is sitting at your PC yelling into your mic when you charge in game, well kind of embarrassing? especially for the Confederates! Maybe more immersive to tie a yell/scream to the charge key?
    My kids come over to me sometimes wondering what the hell is going on during some intense melee charges...

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    I'm not bothered by the embarrassment of yelling "Yip! Yip!" during charges but the fact I have to keep the noise down in my tiny British house does cramp my game. The timezone issue means that for Sunday Drill night and skirmish, both my kids have just gone to bed and my long suffering wife has to keep a lid on them. That means that I find it difficult to be as enthusiastic as I would like to be when I have had the occasional privilege of being put in charge by my superiors. They have got used to it over the last year but it's always in the back of my mind when playing :-(

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
    I'm not bothered by the embarrassment of yelling "Yip! Yip!" during charges but the fact I have to keep the noise down in my tiny British house does cramp my game. The timezone issue means that for Sunday Drill night and skirmish, both my kids have just gone to bed and my long suffering wife has to keep a lid on them. That means that I find it difficult to be as enthusiastic as I would like to be when I have had the occasional privilege of being put in charge by my superiors. They have got used to it over the last year but it's always in the back of my mind when playing :-(
    I feel your pain lol, I'm English, my wife is from Essex....so doing a Rebel yell at 3am would just get me stabbed lol
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Not gonna lie, when I first did the rebel yell in game, I would only do it when I knew no one would bother me and was really paranoid about it, but I've done it enough to where people just kinda don't bother me about it anymore. The only time I won't do it is past like 9PM so I don't wake neighbors up. Although a system to maybe project your voice farther, like change your volume, would be appreciated.

CSA Captain

Well to be percetly honest it sounds stifled and half hearted when you are in a charge, or you are charged at......because most people can't/won't raise their voice to a shout. Check out the numerous accounts of the terrifying 'Rebel Yell', look at re-enactment videos or check out movies.....our charges do not sound epic lol, I'm sorry but they just don't. On Monday night I was in a devastating charge in the East Woods, the 9th New York bore the brunt of it I think, and it felt like a stealth attack. I just think that adding yells to SHIFT-W would improve immersion massively.