Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desertion code killing players at spawn or just after spawn

CSA Captain

Desertion code killing players at spawn or just after spawn

Was playing reb tonight and when I spawned it would have a death counter. Well I am so used to pressing R right away it results in death. Then I tried to outrun (by running to goal) the death timer lol. It then sent me into a "triggered" rant about NCO loosing pistols etc etc (little joke there but .. yea funny).

Were you an officer and were you spawning on the cap point? (First minute or so of a round).

- Trusty

I'm finding the officer class more often open than it used to be (which is good). I hope the desertion-triggers within the field of play are an optional setting for servers. I'm finding myself slave to whatever conglomerate of players I spawn with when in an officer role. I'm not privy to the logic in this "form a new company each time you spawn thing." It ruins the continuity of leadership for locations and people. Just because it's what people try to do doesn't make it remotely logical for a team hierarchy or chain of command. I literally have to move out with them to wherever or die. It feels an awful lot like being a pet. Perhaps if the spawn was a safe zone? Even then if you were on some far off area of the map in charge of a set flank or area of operations and are killed, how are you going to get back there? The flag bearer spawn might fix some of that but not all of it. Not to mention an officer on a skirmish line. I mean, is this what we really have to have in order to keep officer rambos? I preferred the rambos. TBH I'd prefer the officer class were put on hiatus entirely. People treat it like a crown for the sake of team unity and it's going to become something of a mockery for later iterations of players who don't put as much stock in going along to get along.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 07-20-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Thank you for your reports.

The enemy restricted area around your spawn area is supposed to function as a safe zone for the officers. It is bugged in the current build and will likely work in the next alpha update.

- Trusty

Why not just make it so the officer cannot aim his pistol or go into meelee mode when not near the specified number of friendlies? That's still gamey and I don't agree with it that much but it's better than autokilling them by a longshot.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major General

We had reports of people today getting the 'desertion' thing as soldier.
    They changed 'regiments' and respawned and that kinda fixed it.

Lt. Tripper thought that officer class for some was highlighted and it was better to 'select' soldier ?

USA Captain

Had this happen tonight as well. It killed me in spawn once, and then killed me twice while on my way to the point and then seemed to randomly appear and vanish even while I was on the point and safely within known bounds. Playing as regular infantry.
    WW2 reenactor, amateur historian, blogger.

"Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other."

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Why not just make it so the officer cannot aim his pistol or go into meelee mode when not near the specified number of friendlies? That's still gamey and I don't agree with it that much but it's better than autokilling them by a longshot.
    I can get on board with that. One reason being its simple and will solve the rambo pistol use. Better yet, if I may Id like to use what you propose make it to where the pistol cannot be aimed to kill unless you are within a specified number of friendlies, but at least allow the sword always allowed as some sort of personal defense. Pistols, yea a good shot can take out 6 kills or even 9 with a LeMat, but I doubt anyone would get seriously far with only a sword alone. Regardless if you like always allowing sword, I can agree with your idea either way. I like it.

CSA Captain

Good point, but maybe then allow aiming but no firing unless you are within the amount of your friendlies needed.

CSA Colonel

Tonight during the event I noticed playing as officer I had 4 men with me and was still killed for desertion. I think something should be added so officers arent killed when leading. I can see why we have it b/c of rambos but I am just here to report a bug.