Thread: Capturing the point idea

USA Captain

Capturing the point idea

So at tonight's battle event we were at Hagerstown turnpike. At the last 2 minutes of the match we charged the point and started to cap it. We needed 1 more good minute to fully cap the point, but the timer ran out giving the confederates a victory. I would like to suggest an overtime function. If the attackers are capping the point, and the timer runs out then the match shouldn't end until either the attackers fully cap the point or are completely driven off it. Otherwise capping the point last minute is useless if the defenders get a saved by the timer win.

This is planned to be supported.

It most likely won’t be going on overtime until the entire enemy force is pushed off the point though - but until the cap amount starts swinging in the defenders way again (either no more attackers on point or simply just more defenders than attackers on point).

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

It most likely won’t be going on overtime until the entire enemy force is pushed off the point though - but until the cap amount starts swinging in the defenders way again (either no more attackers on point or simply just more defenders than attackers on point).

- Trusty
    That will bring back the memories of MaB Warband siege, the last desperate seconds of trying to thwart the attackers from capping the flag.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    That will bring back the memories of MaB Warband siege, the last desperate seconds of trying to thwart the attackers from capping the flag.
    That is a good thing I take it? (Never played siege).

- Trusty

USA Captain

- Trusty
    Good thing

CSA Captain

- Trusty
    extending the round if you're the attacker yes, if you're the defender no
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Major

- Trusty
    Last night it seemed as though the Confederates deliberately gave up the point and retreated last minute knowing the Union didn't have time enough left to cap it and to preserve tickets knowing ticket loss was the only way they could lose so it seems like it would kick in even after a case like that? It would make sense as it would have forced them to defend it for risk of it going into overtime where they could lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    That's why we gave you the cap point. It saved us from losing the game on tickets.
    *edit: Had I read this before posting above my suspicions would have been confirmed. Smart move by the way.

CSA Brigadier General

I might add, that in the current state with low numbers participating in alpha, that having multiple points to cap might be something for larger engagements? The Harpers Ferry map were the Confederates have to rush over a bridge of some kind.. How about the flag being lowered and the capturing side's flag is raised. Once fully raised zone is captured. Just a thought.

Respectfully,
    BG.John Hunt Morgan