Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Burnside's IX Corps

USA Captain

September 14, 1862 (158 years ago). Major General Jesse Reno, commander of the IX Corps, is killed in action at the Battle of South Mountain as he rode infront of his men. He was believed to have been shot by a rookie soldier of the 35th Massachusetts mistaking him for Rebel Cavalry. However, Confederate General D.H. Hill claims his 23rd North Carolinians shot him. Reno was brought by stretcher to Brigadier General Samuel Sturgis's command post and said in a clear voice, "Hallo, Sam, I'm dead!" Sturgis, a long-time acquaintance and fellow member of the West Point Class of 1846, thought that he sounded so natural that he must be joking and told Reno that he hoped it was not as bad as all that. Reno repeated, "Yes, yes, I'm dead—good-by!", dying a few minutes later. The men of the IX Corps chanted “Remember Reno!!” as they crossed what is now known as “Burnside’s Bridge” at Antietam a few days later.

Last edited by Tyler28256; 09-15-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Love playin' against you guys. Always a fun time. Look forward to our next match!

Yall are great fighters all across the board, always a fun fight keep up the great work! #feelin like Yoinks

USA Captain

Headquarters IX Corps,
    Fairfax, VA, September 17, 2020

For continuous dedication to the IX Corps and excellence on the field of battle I am proud to promote 1st Lieutenant Drache to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and 1st Lieutenant Fury to the rank of Captain. I thank you both for all you guy have done and I can not wait to see the things you will do for the Union cause.

T. R. Dicembrino,
    Brigadier-General, Commanding IX Corps.

USA Captain

"Damned Black Hats" was probably one of the most exciting events in long time that I've participated in as an infantry "private".

Last edited by Tyler28256; 10-03-2020 at 05:01 AM.

USA Captain

Some fun action against II Corps (6th LA and 5th VA) on Sunday! It's been awhile but it's always a good fight!

USA Captain

USA Captain

What do you do after a dress parade? Skip shots on the artillery range.

USA Captain

Coming soon(tm)...

1st LV Cav!