Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: auto balance??? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Because of immersion. If cosmetics are not important, why to have so many accurate uniforms, weapons, etc.?
    I agree, that only private class should be affected by current balance feature OR change it by implementing proper increase of spawn time.
    The issue with this is that we're worried about players selecting these "immune" classes simply to avoid being autobalanced (this will very much happen I'm sure as a lot of you have already demonstrated just how dedicated to your faction/company you are).

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    You are playing an officer and you die, you wait on selection screen for a bit of time for the balancing feature, but when you are finally able to go back to your preferred side, you are unable to pick your officer role again.
    Officer class should not be affected with this auto balance.
    @Major Vulcarin :

• not only the autobalance feature, but frequent crashing for some can make it hard to select a certain faction/class.-> I agree this is an issue atm.
    • I'm personally in doubt on 'not letting officer class be effected on game mechanics' … for the same reason Trusty put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam
    The issue with this is that we're worried about players selecting these "immune" classes simply to avoid being autobalanced
    On the officers role itself:

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin
    Why do you have to have an officer class to lead? It’s purely cosmetic, just go private or NCO and carry on. Sure it might be a slight inconvenience since it’s a little harder to find your leader in the fray,
    Bivoy answered that question for me Even if the uniform doesn't make the men. But McMuffin has a point it makes you less of a target .. but it's also part of the suspense knowing you might get picked of first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoy
    Because of immersion. If cosmetics are not important, why to have so many accurate uniforms, weapons, etc.?
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-17-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I wish there was a platoon system similar to Post Scriptum. Four companies per faction, and those companies could be regulated by the person in the commanding officer role, can spawn-in on the company if it has a flag, additionally an entire company could be team switched if necessary without disrupting that company's structure and making people tab out to switch TeamSpeak/Discord channels. I dunno, just thinking out loud here.
    We hoped that Company Tool would be implemented, but they way it is set up at the moment would make implementing 'uncodable' ? (@Trusty : can you clarify or say if I got this wrong ?)
    Thanks Capt. Bradley for putting in new ideas, this would mean working with more smaller units.

Why not more officers classes ? I'd like more but
    :
    • We don't want people go mad cause of the revolver hero ?
    • We don't want all chiefs and no Indians ?
    • We don't want 14214 Q-lines dropped ?

NCO limit was already discussed on the post by Sgt.McMuffin
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    We hoped that Company Tool would be implemented, but they way it is set up at the moment would make implementing 'uncodable' ? (@Trusty : can you clarify or say if I got this wrong ?)
    You got it wrong.

I said the ideas posted were far, far too complex for us to pull off and that the initial, while still a long ways away, first implementation of the company tool in-game will be very basic indeed.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Why do you have to have an officer class to lead? It’s purely cosmetic, just go private or NCO and carry on. Sure it might be a slight inconvenience since it’s a little harder to find your leader in the fray, but just barely, my unit, and plenty of others have officers go as regulars and after a few times doing it you barely notice a difference. In fact it may be better to go as a regular since you are not a big target and have a higher chance of living longer and effectively commanding.
    Well i appreciate your input, this is not my 1st time at the rodeo though. So ive heard this before that you dont need an officer class to lead, and yes your right, kinda. But when theres chaos on the field and you are trying to direct men to Wheel for example, good luck talking through that. a q line on the ground is quick and efficient. also when you charge you want to have some pistols in there. im gonna stop there and ask you dont counter me on this or we will be going back and forth all day and in the end ill be right.

Well i appreciate your input, this is not my 1st time at the rodeo though. So ive heard this before that you dont need an officer class to lead, and yes your right, kinda. But when theres chaos on the field and you are trying to direct men to Wheel for example, good luck talking through that. a q line on the ground is quick and efficient. also when you charge you want to have some pistols in there. im gonna stop there and ask you dont counter me on this or we will be going back and forth all day and in the end ill be right.
    Well I appreciate your input, this is not my first time at the rodeo either. A unit does not need a visual officer in order to lead since it doesn’t matter who’s standing there, a long as someone is in that spot and your unit has drilled it, they can do it, unless you aren’t confident in your men performing a basic movement. As for q lines, we did okay without them when they were broken for a while, in fact many units did just as well without them, again I do not speak for your unit and it's experience without the 'q' lines, but everyone else was fine. As for pistols, you’re right, it’s not always bad to have them. I’m gonna have to stop there and ask you don’t say that I don’t have the right that to contribute to a discussion for game development or we will be going back and forth all day, and in the end, I’ll be right, because I have every right to argue any point I please just like anyone else on these forums.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 09-17-2018 at 11:44 PM.

CSA Captain

Well I appreciate your input, this is not my first time at the rodeo either. A unit does not need a visual officer in order to lead since it doesn’t matter who’s standing there, a long as someone is in that spot and your unit has drilled it, they can do it, unless you aren’t confident in your men performing a basic movement. As for q lines, we did okay without them when they were broken for a while, in fact many units did just as well without them, again I do not speak for your unit and it's experience without the 'q' lines, but everyone else was fine. As for pistols, you’re right, it’s not always bad to have them. I’m gonna have to stop there and ask you don’t say that I don’t have the right that to contribute to a discussion for game development or we will be going back and forth all day, and in the end, I’ll be right, because I have every right to argue any point I please just like anyone else on these forums.
    Why are you even bothering to counter me on this? this is my opinion and i want it, and others want it....just because you say you dont want it, dont discard my opinion on things... and q lines definitely are helpful and i can list many examples. So lets just end this silliness and all just get along

Why are you even bothering to counter me on this? this is my opinion and i want it, and others want it....just because you say you dont want it, dont discard my opinion on things... and q lines definitely are helpful and i can list many examples. So lets just end this silliness and all just get along
    I'm countering your point because I can and I have every right to, and I'm not gonna let a cocky, hypocritical person tell me otherwise who thinks that telling other people to not even bother countering his point is an effective defense to his argument. Pretty ironic you tell me to not discard your opinions but one post before you tell me to not even bother countering your post, discarding my opinion.

Anyways, 'q' lines are really only helpful for forming a line, and even then, any unit with a semblance of competency can form a line. Now, if you are working with a majority public players who you cannot communicate as well with, a 'q' line would be helpful, but if you are working with your own unit, you should be able to communicate clearly where you want your unit and what you want it to do. As we saw in the period where there were no 'q' lines, units were plenty able to move and be effective, and even now many people do not use 'q' lines because they do not see it as vital to gameplay with your unit. That brings me to my point of not needing an officer class specifically, you don't. Is it nice to have one, yeah it is, but primarily for cosmetic reasons. No class or player should be exempt from the auto balance.

CSA Major General

On Q-lines

Units can operate without Q-lines, but being able to use them in certain situations can simplify things or clear up certain strategic info.
    This works on a variety of cases : Position, letting the unit and allies know your position / getting a nice line for a line battle / wheeling / showing general directions / forming up / … … line art ...

Q-lines are like an GPS or parking sensors in your car, I'm sure some don't need them or care for them … but it's mighty helpful sometimes. -< I'm sure it's a bad example, but hope you get what I'm trying to say.

An appeal

Gentlemen,

This forum is for discussing things and I'm fully supportive about all players speaking their mind (and that some have a "strong" opinion).
    And these days well … people may take offence and a lot of us take this game (too) serious.
    I only hope we can do this in a constructive way with mutual respect and if diplomacy fails … we can work it out on the battlefield (also means I don't get paid as a diplomat )

* This isn't telling someone what to do or pointing fingers on someone particular, just an appeal.

On topic

It's nice when you picked officer and spawn back in, you're still officer if you wait out the faction select (unless you decide to get autobalanced).
    But all players should be equal, if we buff or give certain classes special treatment .. people will tend to pick them right away .. kind of beating the original purpose of that class.
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-18-2018 at 02:06 AM.

CSA Major

I'm countering your point because I can and I have every right to, and I'm not gonna let a cocky, hypocritical person tell me otherwise who thinks that telling other people to not even bother countering his point is an effective defense to his argument. Pretty ironic you tell me to not discard your opinions but one post before you tell me to not even bother countering your post, discarding my opinion.

Anyways, 'q' lines are really only helpful for forming a line, and even then, any unit with a semblance of competency can form a line. Now, if you are working with a majority public players who you cannot communicate as well with, a 'q' line would be helpful, but if you are working with your own unit, you should be able to communicate clearly where you want your unit and what you want it to do. As we saw in the period where there were no 'q' lines, units were plenty able to move and be effective, and even now many people do not use 'q' lines because they do not see it as vital to gameplay with your unit. That brings me to my point of not needing an officer class specifically, you don't. Is it nice to have one, yeah it is, but primarily for cosmetic reasons. No class or player should be exempt from the auto balance.

I think you might be missing the point, this game is built around community clans getting together and fighting it out. If the officer and NCO are always being dropped or replaced, even the regular guys. I believe it takes away from the game, what is the point of making groups if you can not play together or have the leadership for the group in game, if every time you die you take the chance of waiting, or playing the other side. how and why should people be forced to play the other side when the other team fails to organize or gather enough people. if this is truly a community driven event the onus is on the group to show up and play. The developers would like to make this game as realistic as possible, which is awesome but when you start taking away the option to lead or play with your group its not so fun. They also make it so you have to stick together in groups or get in game de buffs. heck they even say in the description its all about the community.

(Community focus) A strong company (player organized clans) focus with a dedicated company tool and forum sections devoted to in-game event creation) Tailored for line formation team play)

(Tailored for line formation team play Custom formation buff mechanic system rewards sticking together by lessening the suppression effects, the morale cost for the team when dying and the flag bearer respawn rate)

As for the Q lines they are very helpful, the maps can be big so when people re-spawn they need a marker to orientate to. And in battle the sounds are very loud you can not always be heard but they know if they see the line they need to go to it.
    But at the end of the day its still a game and in Alpha so hopefully we can make the game as good as we can together.