Thread: Adjusting Range on Rear Sights

CSA Captain

Adjusting Range on Rear Sights

Would it be possible to adjust the ranging back down instead of having to cycle all the way around back to 100 Meters? It'd make it easier to make those quick adjustments as say a line at 300 or so odd meters begins to close on you.

+1.

I've also wanted this change implemented. You can really get yourself into trouble if you accidentally press the sight adjustment key.
    "Chaplain Douglas"

Named after the 43rd Mississippi Infantry's pet camel. Confederate player. Acting Chaplain of the 6th Louisiana Infantry (Company D)
    Playing War of Rights in honor of one my Civil War Vet ancestors: Pvt. William C. Parham, 43rd Mississippi Infantry Co. A
    ~I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit~
    -Teddy Roosevelt

If it helps - I had changed up my key bind for the sight adjustment to my scroll wheel up (or you can do down, but to me that doesn't make any sense). In doing this, you are able to scroll up quickly to go back to begin the cycle again.

It honestly hasn't been an issue for me, but if you are looking for a quick suggestions/fix - maybe try re-binding the change sight key from Z to scroll up on your mouse. Works for me.

A good way to implement this, if you press down on the scroll wheel of your mouse so you can select the range you want and not be needing to go through every range.

CSA Captain

I do like the scroll wheel, I personally am used to a pair of buttons buy hey! Give us the option to bind! I don't find myself using the ranging too much nowadays and I feel my shots aren't good at range because of it. Maybe I'm just getting stir crazy.

Love the idea of using the scroll wheel

USA Captain

No, the scroll wheel would be best used to vary ones speed while trying to stay in line. With the current system it's impossible

Quote Originally Posted by STOTS View Post
    No, the scroll wheel would be best used to vary ones speed while trying to stay in line. With the current system it's impossible
    A mousewheel won't do much to help you there - it's all related to latency so it solves little if everyone is trying to micromanage their speed using the mousewheel to either catch up or slow down based on what they see on their screen when you yourself see something entirely different and also try to adjust to this.

- Trusty

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

wouldn't be easier if you execute the animation after you select the distance? like you scroll throw the site and wen you leave it on the desired distance after 1.3 sec the animation kicks in.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom"
    General Gorge S. Patton