Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammunition counter

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    No one is really over complicating it, hence why multiple people, myself included, have suggested that it goes with a visual or preferably text since it would be simple and probably blend with the UI better than a status indicator popping up in the middle of your screen.
    I wasn't really commenting on the complaining but on not over doing the solution. I think for something not critical to play it should just be kept simple and unobtrusive. We need to know how much ammo we have but we just need to keep its presentation simple as possible.
    Lightfoot

USA General of the Army

I think either a check animation or something the pops up during loading would be ideal. I've been wanting looted ammo for a while as well.

CSA Captain

I've been thinking about this and unless they plan on having some kind of re-supply system, what's the point of knowing how much ammo you have? I mean, it's not like there's actually anything you can do about being low on ammo is there. Being able to loot ammo from the dead however makes perfect sense, as does a counter for when you have buck & ball plus roundshot.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    I've been thinking about this and unless they plan on having some kind of re-supply system, what's the point of knowing how much ammo you have? I mean, it's not like there's actually anything you can do about being low on ammo is there. Being able to loot ammo from the dead however makes perfect sense, as does a counter for when you have buck & ball plus roundshot.

If you ask four random people what their ammo is, the chances are high that you'll get an average ammo count for your line. It lets you know how combat capable your regiment is for fighting. That's pretty helpful, especially for skirmishers who will be going through a lot of ammo.

USA Lieutenant General

At the moment the ammo counter is kinda pointless being that skirmish is more of an arcade style of gameplay I feel. Once the whole map is released there will be more of a use for the ammo counter. As McMuffin said it will let you know how combat effective your unit is.

- Kyle

USA General of the Army

Exactly, ammo will become a tactical part of battles. How long are you going to hold suppressing fire on the enemy or are you going to let them exhaust their ammo and push in when they can't fight you.

USA Major

Right now the only option after running out of ammo is to die somehow, or a bayonet charge then respawn full. Regiments typically fell back when low or out then replenished ammo and sometimes got back into the fight. It would be nice if each map had an ammo wagon near spawn where guys could go back and replenish. From a developer standpoint it doesn't seem like that would be too hard to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Right now the only option after running out of ammo is to die somehow, or a bayonet charge then respawn full. Regiments typically fell back when low or out then replenished ammo and sometimes got back into the fight. It would be nice if each map had an ammo wagon near spawn where guys could go back and replenish. From a developer standpoint it doesn't seem like that would be too hard to implement.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea, assuming that it's worth your time. This means that just having your regiment charge is more worth your time than going all the way back to get more supplies because the morale deaths don't matter that much and that's going to be the most common choice for commanders. However, if fatalities do still count a good bit, then hopefully it will incentivize everyone to go and resupply.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Maybe a player-driven, horse-drawn supply wagon could be implemented, in time.

A quartermaster basically?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Maybe a player-driven, horse-drawn supply wagon could be implemented, in time.
    Not like we don't already have the Quartermaster Wagon in game partially.