Thread: Mass Shooting In Jacksonville, FL

CSA Colonel

Mass Shooting In Jacksonville, FL

Around 1-2 hours ago police say multiple gunmen entered a sports bar where a Madden '19 tournament was taking place and opened firing killing 4 people so far.... apparently it was being streamed aswell. Sad day.

CSA Major

Only one gunman, killed people over losing a dang game. Pathetic piece of trash.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

I honestly don't even know how to react to this stuff anymore. its too sad. I wish the families the best of luck.

Isn't it sad how for a time, and even know, people say, 'Oh, well, another mass shooting.', and let's be real, most people will move on with their day pretty quickly. When the first mass shootings started happening people would be genuinely stricken by it, but it doesn't have that much of an effect anymore.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I guess I'm kinda confused on the terminology, "Mass Shooting."

Okay granted there was a room or two full of people in the area, but first reports said 4 dead, then today I see in the news that only two victims besides the shooter which makes 3.

Given those numbers, there's nothing "mass" about this incident. Hell every day in Chicago 6 people minimum are killed daily and yet no one mourns those losses. Here in Baltimore we have 3 - 5 daily as a death toll on any given day.

So what is the proper definition of "mass"? Does it have to do with the number of people in an area when shots are fired or does it have to do with the number of victims?, or what exactly?

Seems like a targeted crime. Not against random people. Sensationalist media doing it's thing. The wars all got boring a long time ago and they have to keep the wheels turning so they get revenue.

Truly pathetic though to have your identity wrapped up that much in a game that you do that. Be happy it wasn't a shooter game competition or you'd see that narrative going on against violent games. You see veins of the disorders in some of the trolls that will come later. Games themselves aren't the cause of that but the anti-social side of games does allow those types to congregate and almost flourish in their own way.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Games don't cause this stuff, but the community and nature of games, unfortunately, attract a vast majority of these types of people who commit these acts. And I think Poorlaggedman is right, the war really isn't interesting to report on anymore since it's the same thing over and over. Going off of AP's point as well, mass shooting isn't the best term for this, but, it grabs eyes and attention when people see it. However, as I said earlier, people do quickly move on since the media uses the term 'mass shooting' so much compared to when it was such a rare thing to hear it's lost its punch.

In the lack of a war, a country will start to look at itself and find every single issue with itself and slowly, bit by bit, start to get angrier and angrier about all of the issues, perceived or genuine.

'TIME TO BAN GUNS AND VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES...IT'S THE ONLY WAY!!'

Wow, cant wait for that narrative to go around on the Fake News. I'm sure we'll also get attacks on gamers and "toxic masculinity" too. Sad! The media wont stop salivating over these stories because they want us all stripped of our 2nd amendment rights. They will walk ALL over the families of the dead to push their agenda