Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd North Carolina Infantry, Company A.

CSA Major

3rd North Carolina Infantry, Company A.

3rd North Carolina Infantry, Company A.

Volunteer Today
    https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompa...panyToolHeader

Discord
    https://discord.gg/RJWFy3W

About us
    The 3rd North Carolina was founded on the 30th of August 2018. The 3rd North Carolina was founded by D. Carter (Easty), after seeing there wasn't an NA based North Carolina unit that was really active. The 3rd North Carolina was founded on three simple core values, strategy, loyalty, and fun. Why those three core values?

Strategy - (from Greek στρατηγία stratēgia, "art of troop leader; office of general, command, generalship") is a high-level plan to achieve one or more goals under conditions of uncertainty.
    Don't you like to win? We hope to develop strategies that will win battles and turn heads. When they see The 3rd North Carolina on the field, I want them to say, "Oh, this is gonna be good."

Loyalty - a strong feeling of support or allegiance.
    This is a simple one, for us to be able to do the things we wish to achieve, we need loyal members. Loyalty is of the utmost importance to regiments and or companies that are forming. Getting people that believe in you as a leader and the unit it's self is valuable.

Fun - enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure.
    This is the most important to me as a person. Obviously, we're all here because we enjoy gaming. Why not take it a step further and say that we're all here to make new friends, take a step back in history and have fun while doing it. Yeah, there's times when we're going to need to be serious. There's also going to be times when we just sit in a channel and laugh our rear ends off together.

The 3rd North Carolina Infantry is currently recruiting three non-commissioned officers and an unlimited amount of enlisted men to serve in our ranks. We hope to become a major fighting force to assist our southern brothers in arms and drive the north out of our homeland.

About Carter/Easty
    Well, I feel as if it's important to tell you about myself. If you're gonna follow me, you should know who I am. My name is Dakota, I am 25 years of age and I am from North Carolina. I live rather close to Bentonville Battlefield that is in Johnston County. Also known as the last stand of the Confederacy in the Carolinas. I heard about this game, War of Rights a few years back and I immediately became interested. It wasn't until recent I understood the alpha was out and I bought it immediately. I look forward to the progression of this game as well as growing our regiment together. I also guess it's best I go ahead and put it out there that I run my own eSports Organization. I have some of the top competitive players from around the world that play various games for my organization. Such as Fortnite, Rainbow Six Siege, Playerunknowns Battlegrounds, Islands of Nyne and other competitive games. So this regiment is backed by my organization and will bring more people to the community once the beta comes out. As well as I am planning on bringing some of my stream team over to War of Rights once some of the bugs are worked out (if you wish to know more about this, please contact me).

History
    The 3rd North Carolina Infantry Regiment started mustering in Wilmington North Carolina, pulling members from the counties of Green, Duplin, Cumberland, Onslow, Bladen, New Hanover, and Beaufort. During July part of the regiment moved to Richmond, Virginia, then was joined by the remaining companies some weeks later. After serving in the Department of Northern Virginia and the Department of North Carolina, it was attached to General Ripley's, Colston's, Stuart's, and Cox's Brigade. The 3rd fought on many battlefields of the army from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, marched with Early to the Shenandoah Valley, and saw action around Appomattox. It reported 46 casualties at Beaver Dam Creek, 80 at Malvern Hill, 253 at Sharpsburg, 3 at Fredericksburg, and 179 at Chancellorsville. The unit lost 4 killed and 10 wounded at Second Winchester, forty percent of the 548 engaged at Gettysburg, and 7 killed and 65 wounded during the Mine Run Campaign. It surrendered with 4 officers and 53 men in April, 1865. The field officers were Colonels William L. DeRosset, Gaston Meares, and Stephen D. Thruston; Lieutenant Colonels Robert H. Cowan, William M. Parsley, and Edward Savage; and Major William T. Ennett.

At Antietam, the 3rd NC had 46 killed and 207 wounded out of 547 men that were present at Antietam. The 3rd was attached to Ripley’s Brigade, which was composed of the 1st NC, 3rd NC, 4th GA & 44th GA and attached to D. H. Hills Division. The 3rd was involved in the burning of the Mumma Farmhouse and the subsequent fighting at the ‘cornfield’ during the early morning. The 128th PA charged the 3rd NC and struck the regiment as she was changing front to right. Many were killed and wounded, with the colonel being wounded. Lt. Col. Thruston rallied the 3rd and pushed back the Pennsylvanians. The 3rd initially drove Ransoms battery from the field, but Gen. Gordon rallied them. The 3rd pushed into the cornfield only to meet a hail of rifle and canister fire. The 3rd then retreated into the woods behind Dunker Church.. At the Battle of Gettysburg the unit suffered terrible casualties, losing forty percent of the 548 men engaged. In April 1865 it surrendered, with just 4 officers and 53 men remaining.

Battles:

Seven Days' Battles
    Cold Harbor
    Shenandoah Campaign
    Beaver Dam Creek
    Malvern Hill
    Sharpsburg
    Fredericksburg
    Chancellorsville
    Second Winchester
    Gettysburg
    Mine Run Campaign
    Appomattox

Companies:

Company A - Greene County
    Company B - Duplin County
    Company C - Cumberland County
    Company D - New Hanover County
    Company E - Onslow County
    Company F - New Hanover County
    Company G - Onslow County
    Company H - Bladen County
    Company I - Beaufort County
    Company K - New Hanover County

Battle Flag of the 3rd North Carolina from the battle of Antietam

Ranks & Units

Captain
    - Carter

First Lieutenant
    -

Second Lieutenant
    -

Sergeant Major (0)
    -

First Sergeant (0)
    -

Sergeant (0)
    -

Corporal (0)
    -

Private (0)
    -

Volunteer
    -

Last edited by Easty; 01-30-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Updated

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA! ! !

Good Luck from the 7thMI

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA! ! !
    Thank you, sir.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Jack.Word View Post
    Good Luck from the 7thMI
    Thanks, Yank.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H. Phillips View Post
    Good Luck Lad
    Thank you, sir.

CSA Captain

Welcome to War of Rights. It's always nice to see North Carolina units being formed. Best regards and good luck from the 18th North Carolina.
    Captain Walter, Leopold, Lothar von-Winkler

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by von-Winkler View Post
    Welcome to War of Rights. It's always nice to see North Carolina units being formed. Best regards and good luck from the 18th North Carolina.
    Thank you, sir, and great speaking with you at camp yesterday.

CSA Major

Updated with media in the spoiler.