Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st U.S. Sharpshooters "Berdan's" - Co. H

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by [9thNY]Rct.Hemingway View Post
    I had the chance to fight alongside you gentleman the other night, and seeing you on the battlefield is really something. Here is to future success on the battlefield. I'll gladly fight alongside you gentleman again any day!
    Why, thank you, kind sir! The feeling is mutual!
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA Major

The 2nd U.S. Sharpshooters followed the direction of Colonel Henry A. Von Post, receiving an assignment to the 1st Army Corps in 1862. By 1863, the men of the 2nd U.S. Sharpshooters marched to Gettysburg as veterans of eight major engagements. Furthermore, they were a tight unit, dedicated to their professionalism and to each other. Their frequent deployment as skirmishers and long-range marksmen, rather than alienating the soldiers from each other, strengthened both individual sharpshooters’ leadership abilities and their collective confidence in their regimental organization. Sergeant Darius Starr of Company F perhaps expressed it best in a letter to a friend written on September 8, 1863. Starr wrote, “We have in this regt a set of men who do not look up to anybody, and in fact most of the boys are fit to take command of a regiment, and they all know they are a more intelligent set of men than the officers of most regiments. Even in battle our boys do pretty much as they please.” Sergeant Starr then quoted his brigade commander, Brigadier General Ward, whom he heard to say, “The 2nd U.S.S.S. is the best marching and the best fighting regt I ever saw, but they are so saucy that no one can do anything with them.”Finally, Starr added a most telling remark: “I had rather be a private in this regiment than an officer in any other in the service.”
    Last edited by Shiloh; 06-22-2019 at 08:05 AM.

USA Major

Let 'er Rip - Quick and Concise

Use the shooting range to your advantage and recreate scenarios you'll see out on the battlefield.

USA Major

Welcome to our new recruits... Rct. MacTearlach, Rct. Lee, Rct. Tanner, Rct. Hardy, Rct. Jackson and Rct. Kuhl. It's been a great week for the 2nd with these guys who although they don't have experience have stepped right in and contributed.

I'm new to the game and thought that the regiment sounded both unique and well put together. I have a total of ten hours worth of experience and was wondering if you have a preference on the experience of recruits or do you accept anyone?

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    I'm new to the game and thought that the regiment sounded both unique and well put together. I have a total of ten hours worth of experience and was wondering if you have a preference on the experience of recruits or do you accept anyone?
    Thanks for reaching out Cheeseburger. We don't turn anyone away based on experience and you got it right we're pretty unique. We'll train you with proven methods that will raise your marksmanship levels quickly at the range and on the move and that will translate really well to being very effective in game. Friend me on Steam and I'll get you sorted out.

Welcome all new recruits to Company H! Join us in drill Friday at 10pm EST followed by an event. See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Thanks for reaching out Cheeseburger. We don't turn anyone away based on experience and you got it right we're pretty unique. We'll train you with proven methods that will raise your marksmanship levels quickly at the range and on the move and that will translate really well to being very effective in game. Friend me on Steam and I'll get you sorted out.

That's great to hear. I've added you on Steam and submitted my application.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger View Post
    That's great to hear. I've added you on Steam and submitted my application.
    I can't relate your name to which recruit you are but I'm sure we got you enlisted. It's great to have you in the 2nd!

USA Major

Be Elite and Join the 2ndUSSS.H !