Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st U.S. Sharpshooters "Berdan's" - Co. H

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

We don't know how to make a straight line but we're Sharpshooters so cut us some slack.
    haha, you're excused for the tardiness
    Irish Volunteer Brigade - 69thNY (Co.'s B, C and K), 63rdNY Co. A, 88th NY 1st Battalion (Co. A and D), 2ndUS Bat. G and 1st NY Bat. B.
    Brigade CO
    Colonel Beno
    www.theivb.com

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

We don't know how to make a straight line but we're Sharpshooters so cut us some slack.
    from Casey's on skirmishing:
    "2. It is not expected that these movements should be executed with the same precision as
    in closed ranks, nor is it desirable, as such exactness would materially interfere with their prompt
    execution."

it's by the book!
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA Major

157 years ago today two mighty armies clashed on the fields outside of Sharpsburg, MD along the Antietam Creek. Let's pause and remember as we honor those men who fought and died at the Battle of Antietam.

Last edited by Shiloh; 09-17-2019 at 02:52 PM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Cairnsy44 View Post
    from Casey's on skirmishing:
    "2. It is not expected that these movements should be executed with the same precision as
    in closed ranks, nor is it desirable, as such exactness would materially interfere with their prompt
    execution."

it's by the book!
    It's not about looking pretty, it's about good tactics, killing the enemy in droves and staying alive.

USA Major

Our server is back up and running and I apologize to anyone who I invited to shoot with us and they couldn't see it.

USA Major

The 2nd is stronger than ever having recently formed a second company. Our main night is Friday where we drill at 10 EST and scrap at 11. Our other popular night is Sunday at 7:45 EST with a spirited fight at 8. We fight other nights and also play as a unit in other games as well as we're a well-meshed unit with a great group of guys.

We are members of The Northern Aggression and with over a year since forming consistently bring good solid numbers each week. See the first page of this thread or click on the sig below to join.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 11-20-2019 at 11:38 AM.

USA Major

★★★★ 2019 Second Annual Turkey Shoot Final Results ★★★★

I'm proud to present the results of our Second Annual Turkey Shoot. The event took place on November 29th and was attended by 10 members of the 2nd United States Sharpshooters Co. G & H. For the first time in our history I took part.

We covered shooting competitions from 4 different distances with 3 shots from each distance scored according to distance from the center of the target. All told the final results were extremely close with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places separated by just a few points.

With that I present the First Place trophy to Pvt. Batz. Congratulations! I finished in second with Capt. Clark finishing third. Thanks to all participants who showed good sportsmanship in the spirit of competition.

Absolutely fun event and a great group of guys it wasent easy!

USA Captain

If you want to be a part of a great group for War of Rights, then I could not ask for a better one that this. We all work well together, no egos, well-structured yet pretty laid-back and have a helluva lot of fun skirmishing. If that is something you are looking for, Major Winn, Captain Clark of Captain Skrib will get you enlisted in the best damn sharpshooters in the Union Army. Green Demons, baby!
    And have a great holiday season.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

USA Major

We had a great drill this weekend and went 2-0 on the Friday night event fighting alongside our Northern Aggression brothers. We generally bring 12-14 to a fight so if you're looking to join a dedicated group that's not so large you'll get lost in the crowd click on my sig to enlist or go to the first page of this thread.