Thread: Original 6th Louisiana Flag

RhettVito

Original 6th Louisiana Flag

The 6th Louisiana infantry was organized on May 23, 1861 at Camp Moore Louisiana. The regiment provided 10 companies 7 from New Orleans 3 from surrounding parishes. The 6th Louisiana was the most thoroughly Irish regiment to come from New Orleans. Out of the 980 known listed birthplaces at least 468 men were born in Ireland. Another 100 were sons of Irish immigrants. In addition there was 123 born in Germany and 73 from other countries. The "Orleans Rifles" were mustered in as Company H. Their flag would become the regimental flag.

The 6th Louisiana was assigned to the 1st Louisiana Brigade which was part of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's Corp. Serving in every major engagement of the Army of Northern Virginia. Only 4 officers and 48 men were present at Appomattox. The only account of the regiments History was wrote by Major William H. Manning while in the trenches of Petersburg, Virginia on the March 13th, 1865.
    Developers could you please add this to the game ?
    If needed I can get in contact with Confederate Memorial Hall Museum out of New Orleans, LA and acquire high definition photos of the flag.

Last edited by RhettVito; 09-08-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    The 6th Louisiana infantry was organized on June 2nd 1861 at Camp Moore Louisiana. The regiment provided 10 companies 7 from New Orleans 3 from surrounding parishes. The 6th Louisiana was the most thoroughly Irish regiment to come from New Orleans. Out of the 980 known listed birthplaces at least 468 men were born in Ireland. Another 100 were sons of Irish immigrants. In addition there was 123 born in Germany and 73 from other countries. The "Orleans Rifles" were mustered in as Company H. Their flag would become the regimental flag.

The 6th Louisiana was assigned to the 1st Louisiana Brigade which was part of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson's Corp. Serving in every major engagement of the Army of Northern Virginia. Only 4 officers and 48 men were present at Appomatox. The only account of the regiments History was wrote by Major William H. Manning while in the trenches of Petersburg, Virginia on the March 13th, 1865.
    Developers could you please add this to the game ?

I support the implementation of this flag 100%! It would be majorly appreciated by the Battalion as a whole if the Devs where to consider making this flag an in game reality. Speical Thank you to Captain Vito for putting in the due diligence to make this a possibility for us.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

USA Lieutenant General

Looks awesome would love to see it in game.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I have yet to find any evidence of a surviving ANV flag for the 6th La., but in in at least one painting it is a standard Second Bunting with orange trim,

Here is the 14th LA's battle flag it would have been the same as the 6th LA's flag this is what your talking about.

Last edited by RhettVito; 09-08-2018 at 02:22 PM.

Are these flags on the Confederate flag thread?

CSA Captain

I think you need to post the images of your flags in this thread guys https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...federate-Flags Also I can confirm that no there is no picture in existance on the ANV flag for the 6th.
    Last edited by Sox; 09-14-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    I think you need to post the images of your flags in this thread guys https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...federate-Flags Also I can confirm that no there is no picture in existance on the ANV flag for the 6th.
    A recreated flag for the 6th LA would look like that
    Many thanks to Cpt. Bradley!

4e2ec2e993aa4df47eca57c4bef5db82.jpg

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    A recreated flag for the 6th LA would look like that
    Many thanks to Cpt. Bradley!

4e2ec2e993aa4df47eca57c4bef5db82.jpg
    That looks very nice !

Great job Bradley creating the flag and I would LOVE to see it in game soon
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI