Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome game!!

CSA Lieutenant General

Awesome game!!

Just participated in my first big event (~150 people at peak). It was awesome. The game is great on its own but battles like That just make it 100x better. 1st Texas & 6th LA dominated the yanks!! The organization, the lines, the charges! Awesome!

Makes me even more excited for future map possibilities like little round top, Fredericksburg, maybe even Petersburg trench warfare.

Looking forward to more big event battles.

-Old Prospector, CSA

CSA Major

Don't forget your brothers the 1st GA were there as well in the thick of things Yeah was an awesome event nice mixture of units 1st GA -25 men, 6th LA- 25 men, 1st TX - 20 men and the rest NC boys and pub or two. We used to have one giant line vs the other but now we have multiple smaller lines for tactical maneuvering purposes. If you liked this you haven't seen nothing yet! I'm hoping by the time early access rolls around the devs will be experimenting with 200 man servers.
    Last edited by Warboy; 09-10-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

CSA Captain

A huge shout out to the Yankee's for tonight as well, some valiant charges and hard fighting.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Lieutenant General

Definitely. That one charge from our rear lol. Was epic and took us all out. Great game tonight!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Aye. Somehow, probably luck more than skill, the Federals threaded the eye of the needle and went between 1st Georgia's right and our left totally undetected and we were the worse for wear because of it. Sittin' on point in the West Woods ain't for the feint at heart.
    Didn't we win that match???

CSA Captain

Yesterday, for the first time in WoR, I was reminded of the 'slaughter' that took place at Antietam. We had been facing a strong Union line in the Woods, we were firing blind for the most part and all we could do really was hope our fire was having some effect. Then came the order to charge bayonets...a brief lull and then CHARGE! and off we went, yelling like lunatics. Through the thick forest we ran, through the cloud of smoke, and then suddenly the charge just stopped dead in it's tracks, but it wasn't the Union that stopped us, it was shock. Where our foe had been there were now just rows of dead men, none were alive, and just how those Union lads had stayed there in the face of such withering fire I don't know. I'm a poor wordsmith and I really can't do it justice, but what we saw in the woods yesterday is certainly testament to what CG are building here, amazing.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

I will say, yesterday's event, despite the issues and bugs I had, was a load of fun. With 150 people on the server, it got pretty damn chaotic. Trying to echo orders in the midst of battle, keep the line organized, and overall NCO duties were pretty tough solely because I could barely hear what was said by my officers. That whole chaotic feeling is something I love because it gives me a sense of how hard it would be to maintain order in lines that were much larger, louder, and deadlier. I truly do hope the devs can make the servers larger in this game, but I do get that the engine they are working with is far from made massive multiplayer. And it was nice to see a big line of ~20 1st Texas members after not playing as a unit for so long.

Curious - is 150 cap the highest we could ever see?

I guess seeing hundreds of players (like 800+) in one server is just a dream at this point given current tech/engine?

Of course I think EVERYONE'S dream would be to have 50,000+ people in one server, but...

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGyver View Post
    Curious - is 150 cap the highest we could ever see?

I guess seeing hundreds of players (like 800+) in one server is just a dream at this point given current tech/engine?

Of course I think EVERYONE'S dream would be to have 50,000+ people in one server, but...

For the time being.

It's hoped that the cap can and should be raised, but there is a question of the stability of the cryengine.

CSA Captain

Signs are good so far that the bar can be raised to at least 200. I'm no dev, but it seems to me the engine is at least capable of 200. Just needs that proper bit of optimisation and crash testing.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!