Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Adding remarks to deserters

  1. #1

    CSA Major

    Easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, United States.
    Posts
    81

    Adding remarks to deserters

    Hello,

    I have an issue where a person joined my unit, then deserted. I was going to add into his comments what happened but was not able to. Is this a bug?
    Sergeant Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana
    Founder of Complete Chaos Gaming Organization


    Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Easty View Post
    Hello,

    I have an issue where a person joined my unit, then deserted. I was going to add into his comments what happened but was not able to. Is this a bug?
    After he deserted you lose the option to write something in his profile.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

  3. #3

    CSA Major

    Easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, United States.
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    After he deserted you lose the option to write something in his profile.
    Well, I think that completely defeats the purpose.
    Sergeant Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana
    Founder of Complete Chaos Gaming Organization


    Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

  4. #4

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    438
    What about on the flip side.... what if its used to discredit the person who is innocent of any crime?

  5. #5

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    3,306
    Not to worry, all players history follows them.

  6. #6

    CSA Major

    Easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, United States.
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Not to worry, all players history follows them.
    Aye, you are correct.
    Sergeant Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana
    Founder of Complete Chaos Gaming Organization


    Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

  7. #7

    USA Major

    Shiloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Posts
    677
    I had a guy join recently who had abruptly left other regiments. He also switched between CSA and USA numerous times. When I asked him about it he said he was still learning the ropes and didn't know what he was doing. I flat out asked him if he could show commitment and he said "yes". So I gave him a chance. Two hours before drill he was all set and coming, then didn't show up, then abruptly deserted and cut off all contact from Discord and Steam. No reason, just wasting my time and you know what, if I could put a big red check mark on this guy it would save other commanders the time of not having to make the same mistake.

    His name is...

    No, I wouldn't do that.

  8. #8

    CSA Major

    Easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    North Carolina, United States.
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I had a guy join recently who had abruptly left other regiments. He also switched between CSA and USA numerous times. When I asked him about it he said he was still learning the ropes and didn't know what he was doing. I flat out asked him if he could show commitment and he said "yes". So I gave him a chance. Two hours before drill he was all set and coming, then didn't show up, then abruptly deserted and cut off all contact from Discord and Steam. No reason, just wasting my time and you know what, if I could put a big red check mark on this guy it would save other commanders the time of not having to make the same mistake.

    His name is...

    No, I wouldn't do that.
    Hahah.
    Sergeant Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana
    Founder of Complete Chaos Gaming Organization


    Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

  9. #9
    On the other hand, you have inactive units which you can be discharged from. And the only way to join a new one is to desert.

  10. #10

    CSA Major

    1SGT Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    South Carolina, CSA
    Posts
    173
    I have A LOT of players who joined and have not shown up, some for over two years. I am in the process of trimming them from the roster. Before I do so, I write "Missing" in the comments and honorably discharge them. I feel that this is the gentlemanly thing to do. I have no idea why they have not shown up and do not want them to have trouble finding another company to join, yet the prospective company's commander should enlist them under advisement. Missing is about as neutral a term as I think I can use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •