Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Grey out inactive regiments in Company Tool

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    apologies for that.
    Thanks but don't worry about it.

- Trusty

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We will build in new features for the company tool, once we have bit more time.
    Right now, we are preparing other highly important stuff, which takes Fancy fully 24 hours a day. You will find out soon
    Thank you Hinkel and I look forward to seeing what's around the corner.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    We will build in new features for the company tool, once we have bit more time.
    Right now, we are preparing other highly important stuff, which takes Fancy fully 24 hours a day. You will find out soon
    Please be beta Sounds good keep up the good work devs!

CSA Major

Okay so this is what I noticed since the release of Beta(phase II), they are some regiments that had many numbers in company tool and are active now which is good to see(79th NY, 69th NY in particular - well done) but there's others that their commanders and lot of their men have beta but just don't play or don't even have the game yet they still take new players in company tool away from the active regiments who do show up on a weekly or monthly basis. So while yes their still active in company tool and have the game/or not their not 'really' active. (still a paper company in a sense) which is frustrating to see and greying them out would not be possible because it will show their active there but not where it counts - playing the game and testing for the devs
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

USA Major

This is still an issue. I have new recruits that told me they get spammed like crazy by paper regiments who are still not active in-game. I think some people just like to build a company and never intend to do anything with it like actually fight with it in-game.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    Yep.

New registrants on the Company Tool are spammed by roughly a dozen recruiters for "phantom" companies, none of which I had ever heard of and none of which even have Forum Threads for their companies.

For the record, I've seen spamming for recruitment even by well known and large companies as well.

Let's try to be fair here. "Paper companies" can't grow if they're not given opportunity.

If the larger, more well known tilt the table in their favor by suggesting this becomes a thing, how will any lesser organization get recognized?

I have never recruited in game, I feel the recruits should pick the company of their choice regardless of membership size. All legal and historical companies are in the company tool for any and all to choose from.

It should stay that way and membership greed needs to be checked.

USA General of the Army

Ummmm they can grow by beginning active and not just sitting on their asses in the company doing diddly squat?

A paper company is a waste of space. A small active unit that is in solid has the very same chance as a large active unit if all the inactive paper companies where swept aside.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 12-06-2018 at 07:48 PM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    For the record, I've seen spamming for recruitment even by well known and large companies as well.

Let's try to be fair here. "Paper companies" can't grow if they're not given opportunity.

If the larger, more well known tilt the table in their favor by suggesting this becomes a thing, how will any lesser organization get recognized?

I have never recruited in game, I feel the recruits should pick the company of their choice regardless of membership size. All legal and historical companies are in the company tool for any and all to choose from.

It should stay that way and membership greed needs to be checked.
    I think overall recruitment has become a cut-throat process to some extent. I heard one well-known commander try to recruit a bunch of pubs in-game 3 times in less than 2 minutes. "Did you like that attack I just led? You can get a whole lot more of that if you just join the ...." Then another commander came by and tried to one up him with more of the same.

I'm glad I chose a Sharpshooter company that doesn't require a lot of guys and I've never liked aggressive tactics in trying to convince people of something. We do plenty of damage with the 8-10 or so guys we have in-game on average and I prefer it actually. It feels more like a family to me. I'm good with slow and steady growth. So recruitment happens but not in an aggressive and over-bearing way. When I recruit and tell people we're active that's no bull. Paper companies on the other hand...

Back to the original topic. I don't have a problem with paper companies recruiting people as maybe they have plans to actually step on a field 'soon' but who knows? But when you hear how aggressive they are in sending many messages to people in a short period of time, then actually land said recruits that will never see the field with that company, that's a damn shame for not only the active companies searching for new recruits, and those people who were probably told they were joining an active company, but for the health of the game as well.

It begs the question: Why recruit so heavily for a company that has never seen the field and maybe never will? I don't get it.

Honestly these guys would be much better off just recruiting for other companies who are actually active then they can get their fix and the game will actually invite more of it's player base into the company experience they're seeking out to begin with.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 12-06-2018 at 02:37 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Ummmm they can grow by beginning active and not just sitting on their asses in the company doing diddly squat?

A paper company is a waste of space. A small active unit that is in solid has very chance as a large active unit of all the inactive paper companies where swept aside.
    Ding ding, we have a winner.
    At some point the Company Tool will need a soft reset, hopefully before the game receives a proper release.