Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey out inactive regiments in Company Tool

USA Major

Grey out inactive regiments in Company Tool

I'm starting out a company and have been messaging people on Company Tool. Since I've been plugged into checking out what companies new players are volunteering for it's eye-opening how many are doing it with inactive regiments. So these new players are saying "I want to volunteer", they are volunteering, nobody is getting back to them and perhaps after they've volunteered for 1-3 regiments, still nobody is getting back to them and they lose interest and move on.

If you grey out companies in Company Tool who have leaders who have NOT been active in let's say 1-2 months, the ability to volunteer gets greyed out. If that leader logs in again, that ability comes back. We have new players going into an abyss and if 90% of companies were greyed out, then the 10% left who are active would be getting new blood and welcoming new players who want to be part of a regiment into the game the 'right' way.

In my opinion War of Rights is absolutely losing players due to this and I personally don't think we can afford that at this point. We need for new players who volunteer to feel welcomed into active regiments, not feeling like they're not valued in this community.

Warboy did a great job compiling that list, and that's a positive step IF new players are active on the forums and IF they see the post. If the "volunteer" button is greyed out, then they'll have no option but to volunteer for an active regiment.

CSA Captain

I second this, it will help promote active companies for new members and actually make people pay attention to the company tool.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

RhettVito
    I'm with ya on this!

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

If you grey out companies in Company Tool who have leaders who have NOT been active in let's say 1-2 months, the ability to volunteer gets greyed out. If that leader logs in again, that ability comes back...
    I see logic in the proposal, some thoughts :

• In the first wave maybe say 4 months ? (people should be warned or should be able to transfer command or disband)
    • What if members still log in and not the 'owner' … or the people who are also administrator (minimum rank to be able to manage CT) ?
    • I know threads and activity are being checked if there is no activity in 6 months time ?
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-15-2018 at 01:22 AM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    I see logic in the proposal, some thoughts :

• In the first wave maybe say 4 months ? (people should be warned or should be able to transfer command or disband)
    • What if members still log in and not the 'owner' … or the people who are also administrator (minimum rank to be able to manage CT) ?
    • I know threads and activity are being checked if there is no activity in 6 months time ?
    ★ I was thinking more like 2 months max. It seems short and harsh as we all have real life stuff we have to deal with from time-to-time but remember, as soon as that person logs back in it becomes active again. Besides, if you're leading an active group and your taking a sabbatical from the game (or something like that) you're going to know about the rule and you'll be sure to log in over that time. I don't think we should be messaging people saying "If you don't log in within _____ week(s) your company will not be permitted to enlist new volunteers." Just by sending that many people who have been inactive will simply log in to keep their company active, then wait for the next warning email.
    ★ Perhaps there can be the person who started the company, and one other administrator assigned who must stay active. An officer or NCO?
    ★ Also I think there should be a harsher reality to this. If you haven't logged into Company Tool in let's say 6 months your company will be disbanded. That will instantly clear out maybe 80% of the currently formed companies as it stands now. We wouldn't look good on parchment as our paper War of Rights army would be almost annihilated but at least we'd know where we stand with active companies/players or have a good idea. An email could go out for this one but maybe in this case it's not only a login, but they have to show some level of activity within a period of time before they ARE disbanded.
    ★ I think the health of the community regarding "new player positive experience" depends on this and I hope the devs are listening. From my perspective it's incredibly frustrating when trying to form a new company (as I am now) and seeing fresh recruits volunteer for "paper companies" because they're being mislead in a way - yes I used that word - into thinking they're with a group that's active. Then their experience turns into a negative one when no one contacts them and they say to themselves, "That was a pretty _______ experience." That's the opposite of what we want and we can't afford to lose players this way.
    ★ We have a "responsibility" to make Company Tool accurate otherwise we're deceiving new players and that's not what this community is or should be about.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 09-15-2018 at 02:58 PM.

USA Major

I agree. Need some way to flag these inactive companies.

I also think there should be some system from deleting them entirely after say six month of inactivity. They are currently just taking up "company names" that others who are playing might want to use for their companies.

I also wonder how accurate the list of soldiers in the companies are. I jumped over there and it lists 20 companies with over 50 members (eight with 100). I think someone is signing up the gravestones in Harpers Ferry graveyard.
    Lightfoot

CSA Major

i am going to say i bet 85% of all companies are inactive it all started when the dev let anyone sign up for the company tool without having at least a capt rank so every tom dick and harry made a company made alt accounts and filled up the companies what they need to do is somehow get everyone off company tool that does not have a capt rank and higher then start to see who is active and who is not then alot of your ideas will be really good but you have to get rid of all the dead weight first

USA Major

I'm bumping this up as this is a MAJOR issue currently in-game. How many guys are we going to allow to fall into the abyss of volunteering for paper regiments?

Let's hear some more thoughts on this guys.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 09-18-2018 at 04:59 PM.

USA General of the Army

I second this! Grey out the inactive units!

USA Captain

I love this idea!