Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grey out inactive regiments in Company Tool

I second this suggestion of greying out inactive regiments. And it would not be complex either to do so. My idea is pretty similar to previous proposals, but I'm just outlining exactly how I would do it just for clarification. Similar to what rbsmith7 suggested, only Captain tier and above should be allowed to create an 'Alpha regiment,' this is a regiment that is playing the Alpha right now and is active. A regiment that goes inactive, i.e., no activity in the form of actions made on the company tool for longer than a month, would be greyed out but still kept in the 'Alpha Regiment.' Once Beta launches, basically everything would be the same but instead of 'Alpha Regiments' it's just 'Active Regiments.'.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 09-20-2018 at 12:41 AM.

USA Major

How are we making out with this?

I count 17 people in the last 3 days that were accepted into a competing 'non-active' Sharpshooter regiment that are lost to 'dead regiment oblivion.' The only saving grace is that they're almost fully mustered but maybe they'll start another company and suck more people into the abyss.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 10-02-2018 at 07:38 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

I agree I think if you have not logged into the company tool in an X amount of time to look at your company it should be disbanded and give others who want said company the chance to take it. There are too many inactive companies right now. Either that or I think the devs should reset the company tool at some point and time and then all the active ones can come back and claim their companies.

- Kyle

CSA Major

i feel this should be a high priority for the dev this game is growing and will grow faster with closed beta around the corner so the time is now if a commander has not logged in lets say 2 months disband that company and get it off the company tool
    it will really help new players find companies they want to join and get all the dead weight that has been here for almost 2 years now to get the heave hoe and say good riddance

85% of the company tool is inactive or ghost players and they take up a lot of companies. would really like also to know where we stand on getting this done

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    i feel this should be a high priority for the dev this game is growing and will grow faster with closed beta around the corner so the time is now if a commander has not logged in lets say 2 months disband that company and get it off the company tool
    it will really help new players find companies they want to join and get all the dead weight that has been here for almost 2 years now to get the heave hoe and say good riddance

85% of the company tool is inactive or ghost players and they take up a lot of companies. would really like also to know where we stand on getting this done
    I agree with the high-priority on this Sal. I lost potentially 17 recruits to a dead regiment... all guys who clearly wanted to be Sharpshooters and now they likely either won't be active at all, or will come in-game as pubs. Not that pubs are bad it's just that these people WANT to join an organized active unit, and unless they figure out that the company only exists on paper will they have a chance to leave and join another.

But join which one?

They have no way of telling unless their active on the forums.

CSA Major

shiloh your are so correct and the problem with the new people is that they dont learn the game correctly, like dont go out alone , stay in line and so forth and you learn that by being in a good company and they dont cause they are new
    i really hope trusty or hinkle will reply and let us know where this stands

new people are the life blood of any game and it would help if they know where to join either csa or union and who are good companies and who are dead companies would really make it easy for them

I do hope that we also get an improvement for communication possibilities. Such as being able inking your steam profile to your Company tool (literally just providing a link), it would be a lot easier and more efficient to contact recruits instead of telegrams which is dependant on someone reading their email which is a hit or miss.

To comment on this https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...4196#post84196

We got a very solid list that Warboy made. I am sure they can reset all the other companies not on that list so we active companies can go on with our business as is and not have to be reset. I can already see some of these paper generals causing havoc claiming companies that are already active just for the fun of it.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

USA Brigadier General

OMG where is the reset button?

"inactive" units should be marked in a way. New people have to be able to see which unit is active and which not.

Also a automatic delete of units should be set up. Maybe if someone of the staff didn't log in in a period of X days. There is so much garbage in the company tool.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Understand, all your wish list items for the company tool, will require focus to be removed from some other more important gaming function.

There is no doubt that the tool needs to be revisited, but at the expense of advancing the game to early access and beyond is not good.

At this time there is only one individual programmer responsible for this, and that's Fancy Sweetroll, however in the thinking of the developers, the company tool is not that large of a need.

There will come a time, to be sure when the tool will be revisited, but I am pretty certain that time is not presently.

For those who "worry" that new players may errantly sign up in "inactive" units, these players I feel will be cognizant of the activities of the unit they chose to associate with. If they feel that said unit isn't active enough to their liking, they are free to resign from the previous unit, and go looking for a new unit.

IMHO, I cannot think it is anyone's right, or position to declare any one unit active or inactive.

And I certainly don't feel it is up to the developer(s) to make that call.

Respectfully
    Powell