Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are 'crashes' lately for everyone ?

CSA Major General

Question How are 'crashes' lately for everyone ?

Some of us are experiencing crashes during the latest events, I'd like to get some feedback on it :

These are the issues :

• Loading screen stops loading.
    • Loading screens keeps loading, we hear all the ingame voices at once.
    • We are loaded in : stuck on the playerlist
    • We are loaded in : everyone seems to freeze, crash soon after.
    • We are loaded in : Crash To Desktop

I'd would be nice to know if people:

1. Are experiencing same issues or others.
    2. How many time they crash (for me it varies between 3-9 times for an event)
    3. Any solutions that seemed to work ?
    4. Did the crashing got better or worse, and when did it change ? (patch ? Fix ?)
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

I've been crashing more and my loading times went through the roof for initial entry into server. It's basically back to where it was in the Spring when I stopped trying to get in a server with ~100+

I crashed back to desktop but the game was still open so I ctrl-alt-delete it on Pry Ford today at the very end of the round after the victory music played. I then rejoined on Pry Grist Mill and noticed about everyone else had crashed as well.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    ... I then rejoined on Pry Grist Mill and noticed about everyone else had crashed as well.
    Part of II corps left cause the 'official' part of the event was 'over' … but I crashed shortly after.
    Events* usually go on for a few maps, until regiments/players are calling it quits.

Events : usually starting Saturday through Monday (EU event : around 3 EST / NA event : around 8 EST) -> lately people are trying to start up Fridays to.

So to recap : 100+ servers was an issue for you / long loading times / changing maps might hang up
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-17-2018 at 03:37 AM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Part of II corps left cause the 'official' part of the event was 'over' … but I crashed shortly after.
    Events* usually go on for a few maps, until regiments/players are calling it quits.

Events : usually starting Saturday through Monday (EU event : around 3 EST / NA event : around 8 EST) -> lately people are trying to start up Fridays to.

So to recap : 100+ servers was an issue for you / long loading times / changing maps might hang up
    So the official event was over around 7:00 PM CST, I thought we started at that time? Weird since we only just started before yall left and everybody was typing in chat to join NA 6. Even getting messages in the Unofficial discord server and the Official Steam Group to move to that server. But the real question is, why would people leave an already established server with over 100 people on, nobody I knew crashed? We have never done that before and the only time we would actually join another server if the actual server crashed but it didnt, there was not a mass crash for players and if there was, the forums would have the threads open right away, even then the high pop crashes were fixed thanks to the recent updates. We cant move from server to server with ease with the current state of the game, there wasn't a pressing reason to switch servers. By the time Poorlaggedman got onto Pry Grist Mill, the server lost the majority of its players.
    Last edited by Saris; 09-17-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    So the official event was over around 7:00 PM CST, I thought we started at that time? Weird since we only just started before yall left and everybody was typing in chat to join NA 6. Even getting messages in the Unofficial discord server and the Official Steam Group to move to that server. But the real question is, why would people leave an already established server with over 100 people on, nobody I knew crashed? We have never done that before and the only time we would actually join another server if the actual server crashed but it didnt, there was not a mass crash for players and if there was, the forums would have the threads open right away, even then the high pop crashes were fixed thanks to the recent updates. We cant move from server to server with ease with the current state of the game, there wasn't a pressing reason to switch servers. By the time Poorlaggedman got onto Pry Grist Mill, the server lost the majority of its players.
    From what i gathered, the event was scheduled for 8pm est on NA 1 east by the 6th LA, and that is on the forums here. 1st GA starting populating NA1, I saw all the players on the other server and reached out to 6th LA and was told everyone as coming over to NA 1 so we stayed.

No issues reported from 1st GA on crashes.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    From what i gathered, the event was scheduled for 8pm est on NA 1 east by the 6th LA, and that is on the forums here. 1st GA starting populating NA1, I saw all the players on the other server and reached out to 6th LA and was told everyone as coming over to NA 1 so we stayed.
    That's one of the things I've been trying to bring up on "Big event complications"

Agreed on : the word was NA 1 (which is the server usually preferred during NA events).
    Common sense : On the other hand it's common to join the active (the one with most players on) server, which at that time was NA 6.

We where in this situation before and then people are messaging asking clarification (which makes total sense, since everyone likes a spot in the event and hopes to get on early).
    Last time (a while back) I referred to "picked event server" -> to saying "neh we are staying … cause there are a lot on" … -> to "we'll switch anyway" ……. (diplomatic nightmare anyone ?)

@agreed with McMuffin : switching servers (or even joining a 'full' server) is a logistical clusterf**k.

My advice: let "regimental representatives" agree on a server and stick to that oneand if it crashednow who/where to approach on how to proceed.
    Downside: since lately we have 100+ playersa lot of players will get on early reserving their spot
    … (some regiments have drill and meetings and will show up to a partially full server)
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-17-2018 at 03:54 PM.

With the last few updates, the crashing went from 1-2 times per event to 1 crash every 2-3 events. I play from EU in NA and EU events. The loading time also went down form me i feel like (i don't measure it). Ingame voice chat is what sometimes stops working (still not to frequent). All this is more or less the same from 1 player to 150 players.
    It can get a bit laggy (especially in cornfields), but this probably is because i play it on higher graphics than my computer can handle easily.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Some of us are experiencing crashes during the latest events, I'd like to get some feedback on it :

These are the issues :

• Loading screen stops loading.
    • Loading screens keeps loading, we hear all the ingame voices at once.
    • We are loaded in : stuck on the playerlist
    • We are loaded in : everyone seems to freeze, crash soon after.
    • We are loaded in : Crash To Desktop

I'd would be nice to know if people:

1. Are experiencing same issues or others.
    2. How many time they crash (for me it varies between 3-9 times for an event)
    3. Any solutions that seemed to work ?
    4. Did the crashing got better or worse, and when did it change ? (patch ? Fix ?)
    This has pretty much been my experience for the last two or three weeks. I find I'll have a better chance of actually getting the server to load if I put my graphics to low or medium and if that doesn't work I'll hit the power button and restart my computer.
    "Ya know, the yanks could have won at Chancellorsville if Hooker didn't crash mid-battle."

CSA Lieutenant General

I have not had any issues with crashing yet while in game playing or getting into a server. Only issues i have is trying to leave a server once i'm done playing. I hit back to main menu and it freezes. That's usually where i have to task manager out of the game

CSA Major General

Thanks Würm, Eddy & Rickie for the feedback.