Thread: Disable UI and chat ingame.

CSA Major

Disable UI and chat ingame.

Every once in a while I like to go into WOR-Cam and take screenshots of events or random engagements. But it's quite annoying trying to get just the right shot just to have the compass and ticket counter appear on the top of the screen. I can usually get it to disappear for a second or two by double-tapping F2. In addition to these annoyances, the chat box on the lower left will also get in the way. A problem the F2 solution does not fix.

So I was wondering if there is a way to disable/re-enable both of these functions (console command?) so as to make screenshoting cleaner.
    "Ya know, the yanks could have won at Chancellorsville if Hooker didn't crash mid-battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Rich View Post
    Every once in a while I like to go into WOR-Cam and take screenshots of events or random engagements. But it's quite annoying trying to get just the right shot just to have the compass and ticket counter appear on the top of the screen. I can usually get it to disappear for a second or two by double-tapping F2. In addition to these annoyances, the chat box on the lower left will also get in the way. A problem the F2 solution does not fix.

So I was wondering if there is a way to disable/re-enable both of these functions (console command?) so as to make screenshoting cleaner.
    You can type sys_flash=0 in the console to disable all UI (note this will turn your menu off as well). Type sys_flash=1 to get it back.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

The console command turns off the UI but it does not hide lines placed by officers, I missed many great shots because of a simple line placed.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    The console command turns off the UI but it does not hide lines placed by officers, I missed many great shots because of a simple line placed.
    Officer lines and icons such as the capture area icon are done via in-game particles and not flash so it won't work for those.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Could the Q-line be something that we could hit 'T' to display, like the map icon? And stay hidden, otherwise?
    No, we'd like to keep it visible for all when it is deployed. We do not want you to have to spam T in order to see the what your commander wants you to do.

- Trusty

CSA Brigadier General

While on the subject, will there ever be a point where we can mute in game voice for particular players? Sometimes when I record videos, there might be some one spamming music or just being a nuisance and I'd like to be able to ignore them. Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop3012 View Post
    While on the subject, will there ever be a point where we can mute in game voice for particular players? Sometimes when I record videos, there might be some one spamming music or just being a nuisance and I'd like to be able to ignore them. Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere.
    Yes.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You can type sys_flash=0 in the console to disable all UI (note this will turn your menu off as well). Type sys_flash=1 to get it back.

- Trusty
    Looks like this doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Almafuerte View Post
    Looks like this doesn't work anymore
    We now have a dedicated feature for this found in gameplay options. It's called "Auto Show HUD". Disable this to don't see any hud elements (unless you actively bring them forward such as pressing enter to activate the chat box for instance).

- Trusty