Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lets talk about disproportion

USA General of the Army

II Corps vs 1st TX?
    That tired old dog won't hunt.
    Those who have been here a while know better.
    We have zero problem with either their Command or Soldiers and refuse to be baited by such Union Propaganda.

Again, for the umpteenth time, just because people disagree it does NOT mean they want to head out back and throw punches.

Now what really ought to give people pause is when 1st TX returns to testing in full force.
    We will return to those great days of yesteryear when II Corps and 1st TX fought side by side.
    You think the server cap is pushed now?
    You just wait and see what vast numbers the South has in store for our Union foes.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Everybody on this list, big and small, should be granted a representative, but that is not what is being proposed behind closed doors.
    What's being discussed is that II Corps should have two representatives present at the meeting. You have a high command using General Officer ranks so send them. What many units don't want and are slightly worried about is that if II Corps gets to claim that every unit in their organisation gets reps then right there that's 8-10ish reps from II Corps all pushing the same agenda because honestly none of you seem to think differently to the others. If every company got one then the numbers basically double.

A lot of units in the community don't want that. They want II Corps to humble itself for once and to send two reps and to put itself on the same level as every other unit instead of demanding special treatment because II Corps both exists and doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Bravescot; 09-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.

CSA Lieutenant General

That is being disussed and voted by the rest of the community, with no open minded towards us pointing a few things out. We are on the same level as every other unit. We want the community to trive and have fun events. Unless the rest of the community sees this differently I think we have the same vision. And again, rather then making bald statements "both exists and doesn't exists" shows that you don't even bother to understand the concept of the corps. So please do not act like you know how it is, thank you.

As for the "same agenda" perhaps rather then discussing about this, during the meeting people might have different views on matters. And I know there isn't any inteded attack on II-Corps ment (as manny stated before) our gestures/sugestions/information is often if not always mis understood and then we get shit for it. And if there is something we all certainly agree to in II-Corps is that we don't want shit because misinterpetating our gestures/sugestions/information, take your pick. And if the community really want to come together, there has to be a bit more openminded mind set. But dismissing and ordering doesn't work at all.

And if such things are being discussed, why behind closed doors? I thought we wanted to solve problems, not have a secret community order? (WoR iluminati comfirmd?) Every one is allowed to say their piece, and if we cannot come to a agreement on something as a set up for a meeting, what would the meeting become too? (Words I loaned from a guy we all know, but more in my own words).
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

CSA Captain

There are no closed doors, as where it's being discussed is open to all officers. When the discussion started, two officers from the 6th LA left the chat...

I'll respond to other posts when I get home.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    What the community is asking is that you take your own size into consideration when planning out events that are supposed to include the community as well.
    What event doesn't include the entire community? All servers are public and everyone is free to play as they please. And why take to the forums after one event did not go your way? Seriously why? Everyone in II corps has been a part of countless events that were total flops or fell apart. At this stage in development, its going to happen and we get that. Hence why we bought into an alpha. Our size affects this game in no way, shape, or form. Like I said, there are plenty of slots available to play whatever side you want with no shortage of servers to pick. Why not organize events your self if you are so unhappy with us?

If this game dies, which I am most confident it will not, it will not be because of II corps. The fear mongering needs to stop and takes away the chances of having a productive conversation.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MN_for_Life View Post
    What event doesn't include the entire community? All servers are public and everyone is free to play as they please. And why take to the forums after one event did not go your way? Seriously why? Everyone in II corps has been a part of countless events that were total flops or fell apart. At this stage in development, its going to happen and we get that. Hence why we bought into an alpha. Our size affects this game in no way, shape, or form. Like I said, there are plenty of slots available to play whatever side you want with no shortage of servers to pick. Why not organize events your self if you are so unhappy with us?

If this game dies, which I am most confident it will not, it will not be because of II corps. The fear mongering needs to stop and takes away the chances of having a productive conversation.
    Well said. I keep feeling attacked from all these posts. Maybe they hate us cause they aint us Im sure we will work this all out, but it needs to be in a teamspeak or discord no more in here....

CSA Major

i also dont speak for 2nd corps or 1st Ga i speak for myself when i post on these forums unless i say other wise, there was miscommunication on the event nite ok it happend sorry but the rules were set a week or so before end of that story

now this 1st tx against 2nd corps i dont see it really in game at all it is mostly on these forums we are all equals in this game and have all spent money so we all should have and equal voice in said matters prob is most small companies dont know what is going on other than these forums and as cooley has state these are not angry posts you will know when that is, we are just stating what we see is going on and maybe how to fix it, but having people not play because they are to big or telling them when to play that will not work plain and simple and for someone who has been gone for over a yr come back and expect the community to all of a sudden make room for them when all this time we have had no problem with people attending events as someone said you miss one event and bamm all over the forums that everything is broke cause of 2nd corps it isnt at all
    as usual as these post progress its the same 10 people or so posting maybe the others just dont care and maybe that is the way to go just play the game and move on, if you cant get on a server try another server or wait till you can and i think that is what most people are really doing
    Last edited by sal_tuskin; 09-20-2018 at 05:40 PM.

USA General of the Army

It has been pointed out that their might be some confusion, along with all that Rank Envy, so let us clear that up here and now ... shall we?

We recently discussed and voted on this very subject.
    It was proposed that the Regiments, Brigades, etc within the Corps be given nominal control over their member companies and that measure failed at Tier 1.
    It never even made it to Discussion by Tier 2 much less triggered a vote.
    Whether anyone in the Corps is FOR or AGAINST such a stricture change it is a dead subject.

II Corps is a group of Confederate units that have banded together to support each other with Training, Planning and Enjoyment of the Game.
    Every Company has Autonomy and nobody speaks for any company but their own.
    Corps Command is Administrative in nature and while it encourages and makes suggestions it does not Dictate how to Vote nor Represent any Company.

For those who didn't follow ...
    When I attend Community Discussions I represent Cobb's Legion (GA) Company C and ONLY my Company and Troopers.

We most certainly discuss what is best for us as a Corps but that is done within the strictures of Company Autonomy.
    I don't give a rat's ass how big a unit like II Corps, 1st TX or the 42nd PA Skunk Tails gets ...
    Units larger than Company size do NOT represent anyone but their Company and Men.

The line of thinking presented on this matter is akin to telling the Western United States that they only get 2 Senators while the Eastern half get 2 per state simply because the West has banded together for economic reasons.
    It would be ludicrous to tell the USA companies that they only get 2 Representatives while the South gets 26 just because the North have banded together over their love of Downton Abbey!

Lastly, I defy anyone to call these so called Community Meetings anything other than a farce designed to force others to accept the Rules and Opinions of a select few.
    When a vast majority of people not only find out there was a meeting long after it is over (I am one of those slighted majority) but also have yet to be conducted without someone either storming out (Bravesquat) or being ejected (Valk) it shines the light of truth on these pathetic attempts to add a veneer of Respect and Cooperation to an obvious bag of horse dung.

Please be honest with the Community and refrain from pissing on our heads and then trying to convince us that it is raining.
    Your track record does not support your assertions in any way, shape or form.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I'll be locking this for the time being as it is quite evident to me that this discussion is going down fast.

Take a breather gents, collect yourself, and let me know if you truly wish to find a solution to whatever issue you feel there is within this community as I see no reason in continuing this currently.

- Trusty