Thread: I feel like it needs to be said

I feel like it needs to be said

Okay, I don't suppose my inclusion here will mean much nor do I actively command a company or even usually participate on these forums, but I feel the need to at least say this and I only do it like this because I am tired of keeping myself out of it.

I think I can say that we all, at the very least, are here because we want nothing more than for this game to succeed. The differing opinions are a part of building community I would say, and I would further say that I think we are all facing a bit of burnout about all the efforts being undertaken to try and keep this game alive by keeping this community alive, no matter how long it has been happening or when it was started or by who. I can understand that feeling like one person or group is being singled out within a community and that perspective on the situation can drastically change how one responds to it. I'm rambling now, but it comes down to that I think that we need to just re-visualize that we are incredibly passionate about this and that any efforts taken individually or by a clan running from game features to discussion on community guidelines comes from a positive and improving mindset, because I've yet to speak to anyone here that I think is fully intending to try and sink this community or game. Because ultimately we would have nothing even close to something like War of Rights on the market and we would be left to find a lesser experience to fulfill our wishes for a solid video game involving the civil war and all of the incredible history that surrounds it. So no matter how anyone walks away from any of these conversations, let us please not let it be an excuse to double down one way or the other. I have hundreds of hours in playing this game and I aim to have hundreds of hours more. I hope everyone here gets to see this game become a success and that we can all enjoy our time here for however long it is here to stay.

Yeah it's jus how it goes with communities at times. You got different characters different egos and they collide from time to time. Just stick with they guys you enjoy the game with. In the end it's all about a fun experience. These are public servers people need to relax a bit. And if a server is to crowded and the big organisations cant jump in together let one big clan hop on another server. Maybe having more then 1 choice in servers will bring back more players . Who got frustrated because of not being able to play as the faction of their choice. Just spitting some ideas now. Worth to try out would be my opinion
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

CSA Major General

If 'Phase II (beta)' hits, it will probably fill multiple servers and it would be nice to have some sort of means and communication platform to organise these.
    The servers event don't have to be filled up (also less possible technical issues), as long it's a smooth ride and people are getting along and having the occasional fun
    Capt. Carter has some good ideas which we will propose and talk through internally in our organisation.

At the moment things are a bit tense which makes communication a bit … bumpy ?

Maclin if you got ideas or suggestions my door (steam) is always open.
    Last edited by Redleader; 09-20-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Lieutenant General

Everyone has my love.
    -Old Prospector, 6th LA, Company D

Ancestors all (but 2) died in the Battle & Siege of Vicksburg (Buried in Vicksburg National Military Park): LTG John C. Pemberton's Army of the Mississippi, MG John H. Forney's Divsion, Hebert's Brigade (38th Mississippi), BG William E. Baldwin's Brigade (4th Mississippi)

We are prepared to lose some of us, but we are never prepared to lose all of us.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Rickie Spanish View Post
    Everyone has my love.
    Which is the fuel that sustains our Cause.
    Good having you with us.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I really don't have any problems with anyone except for perhaps the one or two trolls who are (for some reason) still allowed in servers.

It just feels eerily similar to my last realism game love affair, one that lasted about 15 years, where I dedicated substantial amounts of time to and saw several iterations of players pass through, few of which ever met each other and all of which thought they were the big tamale in their own time. I wish people would be more critical of the predictable norms of community organizing and game mechanics because they don't work well by accident when more players show up. As an example, the framing of this country (the United States, the fate of which is the game's focus) was not done by accident. The processes, systems, checks, and balances were put in place with intense foresight and ridicule. You can have another game on which to stage reenactments but you're not going to miracle your way into a healthy and thriving community. You need to do more than a mega-suggestion thread to do that. Private servers will start a rapid succession of organizations exploding and then falling apart. The more able this game is to function on its own without 'event rules,' the better it will be for everyone. It's not going to get more harmonious than it is now.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 09-24-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I really don't have any problems with anyone except for perhaps the one or two trolls who are (for some reason) still allowed in servers.

So who's the other Troll ? Since I'm one of two (best not to name him/her .. he/she might be illuminati )

You would need someone to keep an eye out on servers or 'multiple' report it.
    If it's on the forums, it's pretty clear to see for all … ingame is harder.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Major

When Steam Early Access goes live, there will be a huge influx of players.

Right now it's a little pricey to get access to the game and the server show that, just needs more time.
    Early in the war, a Union squad closed in on a single ragged Confederate and he obviously didn't own any slaves. He couldn't have much interest in the constitution or anything else. They asked him, "What are you fighting for?". The private replied "I'm fighting because you're down here!" - Shelby Foote

Owner and Operator of www.HallmanLabs.com

My WoR Photo Album

One of my ancestors in the Confederacy: Eli R. Eury - 42nd NC Infantry