Thread: Organized 'Tab' Player Screen

USA Major

Organized 'Tab' Player Screen

So many times I'm scrolling down through the player list trying to find commanders, my own guys, etc. and I've been wanting to post this suggestion for a while. How about we organize people by tags? See example. I only did the Union side for illustration purposes.

Excellent suggestion, thanks.

We'll look into it.

- Trusty

USA Major

Alphabetical would be cool.

Excellent suggestion, thanks.

We'll look into it.

- Trusty
    Thanks Trusty!

I don't know how 'smart' the computing process will be in regards to organizing people by tags but maybe it can prioritize companies up top, and place individuals near the bottom. I say this for ease of companies being able to see which of their guys are in game because they will be near the top and more easily seen.

CSA Major

I really like the idea of this and can see major benefits from it.
    Napoleon Total War American Civil War Multiplayer Mod Discord Community - https://discord.gg/J3xJ4DU

TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I don't know how 'smart' the computing process will be in regards to organizing people by tags but maybe it can prioritize companies up top, and place individuals near the bottom. I say this for ease of companies being able to see which of their guys are in game because they will be near the top and more easily seen.
    It will really just be an alphabetical sort, but it should be fine for listing companies as symbols are also taken into account and the direction of the sort can be changed if desired, should A start at the top or should [ start at the top, which would also make companies as long as they have a special symbol as the first item in their tag. The downside though is that this can also be abused, to make your company always be listed at the top. If the tag started with something like [[. If that ends up becoming an issue, we may make it so at random, sometimes the sort prioritizes special symbols, and other times it priorities letters.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    It will really just be an alphabetical sort, but it should be fine for listing companies as symbols are also taken into account and the direction of the sort can be changed if desired, should A start at the top or should [ start at the top, which would also make companies as long as they have a special symbol as the first item in their tag. The downside though is that this can also be abused, to make your company always be listed at the top. If the tag started with something like [[. If that ends up becoming an issue, we may make it so at random, sometimes the sort prioritizes special symbols, and other times it priorities letters.
    I would vote for a randomized system just so no one gets bent out of shape about it and making it balanced particularly for those companies starting with a '9' or a "W" for example. The thing I would suggest and I don't know if it's doable is that pubs, because their names are not going to follow any pattern go to the bottom. The whole idea of this is so that companies with the same tags end up together, and pubs getting mixed in sort of breaks that all up visually although it wouldn't be a deal-breaker IMO if it had to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Might be able to have it ignore special characters and see letters and numbers, first.

(1st
    [2nd
    (Co. A
    [Co. B
    II-[Co
    This could definitely work rbsmith as it gets right to the name or the number of the regiment and we can avoid the special character war that would likely follow. Really it won't matter that much if one company is farther down the list as a quick mouse scroll takes you top to bottom and all we're looking for is a quick glance to see who has what numbers on our side.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 10-03-2018 at 09:56 PM.